Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Harrison 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 26, 2020 @ 14:00
    Thomas Harrison

Hi everyone,

We have just recently installed Newsletter Studio and it all seems to work really well apart from how long it takes to send to our mailing list.

It is quite a large list at 18,000 emails but it can take more than 5 hours to sent to everyone.

I wanted to know if this is to do with how large our mailing list is or something that can be fixed within the settings of the studio itself?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 08, 2021 @ 15:18
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Ohh, sorry for not getting back here there is a dedicated forum for questions about the package here: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/newsletter-studio-the-email-studio/comments/

Have you managed to solve this issue?

Should not take 5h to send to 18 000 emails, but maybe around 10-20 minutes, what mailserver are you using and what database do you run the website on?

All the best!

• Jane Carol 22 posts 92 karma points
    Mar 29, 2021 @ 19:45
    Jane Carol

Hi,

I installed the trial newsletter studio for umbraco version 7.12. Before upgrading I want to know whether it is possible to send newsletters to more than 1 million recipients at a time.

If not, at least in batches with different mailing list. In that case, is there an option to choose the same newsletter and send to different mailing list to which the newsletter is not sent.

Thanks, Jane

Mar 30, 2021 @ 05:13
    Markus Johansson

Hi Jane!

There is no software limits in terms of how many recipients one can send to, the clients we see with the biggest lists is around 120-150 k recipients so I’m not sure if anyone has ever performed a send out this big before.

The process that send might take a long time but this depends on your hardware as well, fast database, CPU and a fast SMTP would speed it up.

There is built in error handling and the process will restart if the server/app goes down for any reason so in theory you should be able to send to one big list - you could always “divide” the list into smaller chunks and create a copy of the sent email but there is no way to get a report for all of them if you don’t keep all the recipients in the same list.

What kind of SMTP are you planing to use? I would be happy to “hold you in the hand” for your first tests - but I do suspect that any “issue” would come down to the time it takes.

Mar 30, 2021 @ 11:07
    Jane Carol

Hi Markuss,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If there is an option to schedule the newsletter send out with different timings for different mailing list that would be great.

When creating the copy of the newsletter to send to different mailing lists should be careful not to resend to the same mailing list.

We will discuss these things with the client and get back.

Regards, Jane

Mar 31, 2021 @ 05:50
    Markus Johansson

There is a feature to schedule the send out in the last step of the "creation process", have a look at the docs - screenshots are from V1 but the concepts still apply: https://www.newsletterstudio.org/help/working-with-newsletter-studio/sending-the-newsletter/

If you send a copy it will send to the lists that you select so one have to make sure to select the right list. A copied newsletters is treated as a new one but with the content from the source-email.

Mar 30, 2021 @ 11:30
    Jane Carol

Hi,

The date picker in Schedule newsletter to send later is not opening where newsletter studio trial version for Umbraco 7.12 is installed. What could be the issue?

Thanks, Jane

Mar 31, 2021 @ 05:37
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

I’ll try to reproduce and test this today. What version of Newsletter Studio are you running on?

/ m

Mar 31, 2021 @ 05:43
    Jane Carol

NewsletterStudio2.1.9.8-(For-Umbraco-7)

Thank you Markus for the support.

Mar 31, 2021 @ 05:48
    Markus Johansson

Hi again!

I just tested on Umbraco 7.12.3 with Newsletter Studio 2.1.9.8 and for me it looks like this:

enter image description here

What exact version of Umbraco are you running? You can see this by clicking the avatar in the top left corner (see red mark in my screenshot below).

Could you open the browser Console (F12 in Chrome) and look at the Console-tab, any errors when you click on the icon?

Mar 31, 2021 @ 05:58
    Jane Carol

Hi,

Umbraco version 7.12.4 assembly: 1.0.6879.21982

On page load these are the errors

Uncaught TypeError: moment.defineLocale is not a function Uncaught TypeError: moment.locale is not a function TypeError: moment.locale is not a function

On datepicker click, the below errors bootstrap-datetimepicker.js?umb__rnd=45076228a5bbb8e96f5c5d12cef545e3:79 Uncaught Error: Must choose at least one picker at init

Any bootstrap upgrade required?

Thanks

Mar 31, 2021 @ 06:33
    Markus Johansson

Just want to make sure, does the date picker work for you in other places in the backoffice? Ie on a node in the content section?

Mar 31, 2021 @ 07:09
    Jane Carol

Hi,

Just checked adding a datepicker with time in the backoffice. It shows the same error.

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2021 @ 08:28
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

I see, then its probably something else that is the root-cause for the issue,

Some have had issues with "Umbraco Analytics" are you using that package?

See details here:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/91712-momentdefinelocale-is-not-a-function

https://github.com/umbraco-community/umbraco-analytics/issues/56

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft