Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 279 karma points c-trib
    Nov 30, 2020 @ 12:01
    Alan Mitchell

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException errors since Blob storage migration

Hi,

Since the migration to Azure Blob Storage of our Umbraco Cloud site last month, we've been seeing a new error in the log for the live site. We get 80-100 of these a day, so it's drowning out any other errors.

It doesn't appear to cause a visible problem on the live site (no one has reported it) But I can't tie it to any particular page or piece of content so I don't know how to recreate it, and it's not happening in the dev environment.

Full trace is below.

Has anyone else seen this or know what might be causing it? If it's one piece of content causing the error how can I find it to fix it?

Thanks!

Exception:
    Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException: The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x800704CD. ---> System.Web.HttpException: The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x800704CD.
       at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)
       at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ExplicitFlush()
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush, Boolean async)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush()
       at System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginWriteInternal>b__46_0(Object )
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.IO.Stream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__53_1(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Util.AsyncStreamCopier`1.<StartCopyStreamAsyncHelper>d__8.MoveNext() in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Util\AsyncStreamCopier.cs:line 300
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Util.AsyncStreamCopier`1.<StartCopyStreamAsync>d__4.MoveNext() in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Util\AsyncStreamCopier.cs:line 228
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.EndExecuteAsync[T](IAsyncResult result) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Executor\Executor.cs:line 51
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.CloudBlob.EndDownloadRangeToStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Blob\CloudBlob.cs:line 1180
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Util.AsyncExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<CreateCallbackVoid>b__5(IAsyncResult ar) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Util\AsyncExtensions.cs:line 120
       at Umbraco.Cloud.StorageProviders.AzureBlob.FileHandler.<DownloadRangeToStreamAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
       at Umbraco.Cloud.StorageProviders.AzureBlob.FileHandler.<DownloadRangeToStreamAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Cloud.StorageProviders.AzureBlob.FileHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.HttpTaskAsyncHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.InvokeEndHandler(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)
    Request Information
    RequestID:fa0a2289-c01e-0002-420e-c77c9b000000
    RequestDate:Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:43:56 GMT
    StatusMessage:Partial Content
    ErrorCode:

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2020 @ 08:49
    Thomas

Hej Alan

Getting the same error. Have you found out why ??

Dec 09, 2020 @ 15:43
    Alan Mitchell

Nope, can't narrow done when or why it happens.

Bumping the message in case anyone else sees the same thing?

Dec 17, 2020 @ 08:31
    Alan Mitchell

This is still clogging up our logs. Anyone else see this?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2021 @ 10:56
    Alex Skrypnyk

I see many log entries like this, any input?

• Liam Hicks 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 11, 2021 @ 10:36
    Liam Hicks

Same here. I ignore it now as I know it isn't a direct cause of my application code but it would be very nice to know the exact cause and prevent it from bloating/inhibiting logs, etc. I contacted Umbraco Cloud support about this some time ago and the response was something along the lines of they have seen it before but no resolution unfortunately. My obvious guess would be due to an image loading from Azure blob storage but then the request is cancelled for whatever reason i.e. user simply navigates away from the page, and the Umbraco Cloud storage provider for Azure blob storage isn't handling this process in such a "friendly" way. If it is expected behaviour I'd just like to know why. Thanks :)

• Liam Hicks 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 29, 2021 @ 10:51
    Liam Hicks

This past Tuesday, on Jan 27th, Umbraco Cloud processed some scheduled maintenance and it included:

"During this window we will also upgrade the Blob Storage Provider, which most projects now use. The update includes improved loading of files from blob storage and reduce the logging done when loading was terminated."

I can now confirm I no longer receive these messages - yay, my logs are clean again! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft