Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• colin graham 26 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 01, 2020 @ 20:49
    colin graham

Hi Guys, Having a bit of an issue with translationa manager - i want to set it up locally so i can debug but im getting an error - when i try to "Check" for a new translation in the CMS - the error is "Error: The given path's format is not supported. "

Any ideas on how to resolve this ? the files are being created in XML and returned in XML.

Dec 01, 2020 @ 20:58
    colin graham

sorry and to add im using the "ProVision Translation Provider"

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 01, 2020 @ 22:34
    Kevin Jump

Oh I didn't even know there was a provision provider. 😊 If you have a link to the provider i could take a look, but it might be that you need to contact the developers of that provider to dig a little deeper.

Dec 02, 2020 @ 09:30
    colin graham

Hi Kevin - yes thanks for responding ive inherited the code so trying my best to decipher. the bit that fails is "await TranslationManagerContext.Current.JobService.CheckJob(translationAttempt.Result);" then i get the following: Error: The given path's format is not supported.

everything before this point seems ok.

Similarly when in on the submission screen in the backend and i try to download the file i get "http://domainname/umbraco/3992192020-12-011900_57Z.xml" - 404 - "File or directory not found."

if i amend the file manually and try to upload i get the "The given path's format is not supported." - im presuming there is something wrong with the file format.

When i debug "translationAttempt.Result" i can see in the "ProviderProperties" the following: ""{\"format\":null,\"fileLocation\":\"3992192020-12-01201753Z.xml\",\"uploadedFile\":\"C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\foldername\\media\\simpletranslate\\upload\\3992192020-12-012017_53Z.xml\"}"

is there an issue with this structure or what does CheckJob actually do ?

all help really appreciated.

thanks

C

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft