Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Laurie 42 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 04, 2020 @ 11:11
    Peter Laurie

NuCache.Content.db error - because it is being used by another process

Hi, Any help with following error would be appreciated. We have Umbraco running on a Load Balancing set up, using the recommended arrangement, with a dedicated Back end server and two outward facing servers.

We run Task Scheduler to copy code changes across to the front end servers, with nothing copied across to the App_Data log files or the TEMP folder, as recommended.

We are experiencing these errors at times, especially on our server 2. And I was wondering if anyone has come across this error and has solved the issue.

I know the NU Cache will not allow me to run localhost on my compuer as well as a dev internal sub domain that runs from my computers IIS. I have to stop one before running the other.

Here is the error, any feedback would be most appreciated. I have removed the exact server path of course, in the error message, but as you can see it is the NuCache folder within the TEMP folder causing the issue.

Exception information: Exception type: BootFailedException Exception message: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '...\AppData\TEMP\NuCache\NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITYATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at CSharpTest.Net.IO.TransactedCompoundFile..ctor(Options options)

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft