Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• colin graham 26 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 04, 2020 @ 17:43
    colin graham

Hi - just wondering if anyone can help - im having an issue on a custom build when i try to save some content after translation. im getting - 2020-12-04 17:35:45,204 [P38980/D6/T111] ERROR Jumoo.TranslationManager.Core.Controllers.TranslationJobApiController - Unhandled controller exception occurred System.InvalidOperationException: Value "2471|2471|Two people sitting in a classroom " of type "System.String" could not be converted to type "System.Int32" which is expected by property type "bannerImage".

im wondering is there a place in jumoo where i need to map my datatype as i far as i know this was all performed automitically by the system whn i created my page in english - it auto created the Irish page.

See Issue Here

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 05, 2020 @ 06:58
    Kevin Jump

Hi Colin,

that looks like you've somehow ended up with the id value being attached to the translation text.

You are right Translation manager will work out all the values inside the datatype for you. It will do all the core and most 'well known' editors property editors such as the doctypegrid editor.

If you have a custom property editor, you might have to tell Translation manager how to deal with the data that is stored inside it.

if its stores its data in the same way as a existing property editor (e.g you store the data the same as a MultiNodeTreePicker), you can map it in the config.

https://docs.jumoo.co.uk/tm/v8/mapping/

if its a little more complex and you are storing JSON inside your property you need to tell translation manager which elements are text.

https://docs.jumoo.co.uk/tm/v8/mapping/json/

if its more complex still (although those two usually cover most things) you can write your own value mapper to get the values out in code.

https://docs.jumoo.co.uk/tm/v8/mapping/custom/

Dec 06, 2020 @ 20:36
    colin graham

thanks Kevin - yes i have inherited the code and i think and the previous dev has tried to morph the alt tag into the image data for some reason. il look into it. do you have link to a mapping document for the v7 ? we are on v7. thanks for the help btw. if i can crack this nut i should be sorted. great tool btw.

Jan 21, 2021 @ 18:52
    colin graham

Hi Kevin - i was wondering if you had any advice please. basically i have setup translation manager as per post above and its working ok. the one issue i have is that it doesnt appear to create a copy verison of the page in the translated version of the site on 'save'. are there any places where i should look to overcome this issue or are there any common pitfalls with this ? currently the nodes im trying to paste inside are fully published.

So in short when i save a new document i expect a copy to be created in the relevant section in the corresponding site - unfortunately this isnt happening.!

see below for global settings

enter image description here

Jan 21, 2021 @ 20:36
    Kevin Jump

Hi Colin,

It is probibly something to do with the relationships. when you save the page on the source site, it looks to see if it can find a relationship between the page and one in the target site.

if there isn't a direct relationship it will go to the parent page of the one you are saving and see if that page has a relationship to a page on the target site.

the linked pages package (https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/linked-pages/) will let you see the relationships. (and create them if they are missing) - but i am guessing that is probably where the issue is.

Jan 22, 2021 @ 09:17
    colin graham

thanks very much for this - im just wondering should i have this package installed ?

Jan 22, 2021 @ 09:37
    Kevin Jump

Hi Colin,

You might have to install it (depends what previous dev did) but i would say you should because i think the site relationships need looking at from the sound of it.

Jan 22, 2021 @ 09:45
    colin graham

Thanks just trying to install it but geting the following:!

error image

Jan 22, 2021 @ 09:53
    Kevin Jump

:( what version of umbraco do you have / what version of the linked pages package did you try ?

Jan 22, 2021 @ 10:03
    colin graham

I have umbraco 7.6.13 and linked pages 1.0

Is that correct? Sorry for troubling you about this btw.

Jan 22, 2021 @ 10:05
    Kevin Jump

Humm, user stuff did change around but i was fairly sure it worked v7.6/7.7 i will take a look

Jan 22, 2021 @ 10:06
    colin graham

thank you all help appreciated.

Jan 25, 2021 @ 09:08
    colin graham

hi Kevin - just wondering if u got a chance to check for this ? for 7.6.

Jan 25, 2021 @ 15:27
    colin graham

Im wondering should i upgrade my version a bit higher to see if the relation manager works ?

Jan 25, 2021 @ 16:39
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

yes it does work with Umbraco 7.7.x (7.7.14 is the latest version of that)- because that upgrade changes slighty how users and user groups work. but you might want to read through the upgrade instructions for that version before you do it.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific#version-770

We might be able to do something in the code, but the branching of the User stuff at this point does make it a bit difficult to have a version that works both 7.6 and 7.7+

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft