Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Allan Svelmøe Hansen 25 posts 136 karma points
    Dec 07, 2020 @ 07:19
    Allan Svelmøe Hansen

duplicate key in object 'dbo.umbracoPropertyData', unique index 'IX_umbracoPropertyData_VersionId' with failing login.

Hi. Using Umbraco 8.6.6, we sometimes get the following error:

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.umbracoPropertyData' with unique index 'IX_umbracoPropertyData_VersionId'

in connection with users failing login.

From what I've been able to debug it looks like this happens when the system tries to count the Failed Login property, and save it to the database.

But sometimes the property does not appear in the database, so the system tries to add it to the property collection, which causes the Insert SQL to fail due to duplicate key constraint. (ReplacePropertyValues in ContentRepositoryBase) by having multiple 'values' end up being added to the same Property.

Does anybody else have this, or know how to safeguard against this other than occasionally running a query which assigns the property to all members in case they don't have it?

• Carsten Nørregaard Panek 34 posts 124 karma points
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 10:01
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

We have the same error on Umbraco version 8.6.6, have you managed to resolve it?

• Allan Svelmøe Hansen 25 posts 136 karma points
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 11:54
    Allan Svelmøe Hansen

No - the error is (was) deep within the property handling of Umbraco and it happens 'rarely' enough that it's not causing major issues for me, so I've currently not done more to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft