Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 09, 2020 @ 09:25
    Huw Reddick

Is it just me, or do these (Use/Render in rich text editor and grid not make sense)

Basically I would like to have a macro to use in a grid (and not be available for RTE) and I would like it to render in the backoffic, however, you have to enable both options for it to render in the back office :(

macro properties

Is it not possible to render in backoffice without enabling it for the RTE

• Marc Goodson 2128 posts 14220 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Dec 10, 2020 @ 07:00
    Marc Goodson

Hi Huw

As far as I know it is not possible to set the use of a Macro 'for grid' and not for 'RTE' and vice versa, originally 'before the grid' it was just the setting for whether the Macro should appear in the RTE... and when the grid came along the same toggle was used for that too :-(

If you have 'no macros' that ever should be inserted in the RTE, then one option would be to remove the Insert Macro button from the RTE Data Type definition, then the macro would be usable in the grid but not the RTE?

But if you have some macros that are RTE only, and some that are Grid only, then it's not that sophisticated, and it might be worth raising a feature request, as I can imagine a scenario, where that might be desirable...

regards

Marc

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 10, 2020 @ 14:41
    Huw Reddick

you can set it to be used in the grid only and it works and displays fine in the website, it's just that it only displays a box with the macro name in the backoffice.

You can only render the actual content of the 'grid' macro in the backoffice if you tick both checkboxes. Just seemed a bit odd, that in order to display in a grid it must also be enabled for use in the RTE

It's not an issue just didn't seem that logical, I would have expected the checkboxes to be separate rather than conditional on the other

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft