Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Dec 11, 2020 @ 11:22
    Jorge Ribeiro

Could not add package actions to the package xml definition, the xml did not parse

Hi

I've made a couple of package actions that I use when building my packages. When thos packages are installed actions run as espected but a warning log is issued. bellow log message and package actions structure as they were created.

enter image description here

<actions>
      <Action alias="ConfigAppSettings" key="****" value="application/pdf image/bmp text/csv text/plain image/gif image/jpeg image/png application/vnd.ms-excel application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document application/vnd.ms-powerpoint video/x-ms-wmv application/msword application/x-mswrite audio/mpeg video/mpeg video/mp4 audio/mp4 application/mp4 application/vnd.sun.xml.writer application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.global application/vnd.ms-outlook message/rfc822" />
      <Action alias="ConfigAppSettings" key="****" value="*****" prefixPath="true" />
      <Action alias="ConfigAppSettings" key="****" value="****" />
      <Action alias="ConfigAppSettings" key="****" value="5" />
      <Action alias="ConnectionStringsSettings" name="*****DB" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" connectionString="Password=*****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=****;Data Source=local;Initial Catalog=*****" />
    </actions>

Any ideas?

thanx!

Jorge

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Nov 21, 2022 @ 19:34
    Mark Bowser

I ran into this after upgrading a site from Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8. In Umbraco 7, the xml files that keep track of which packages you have installed live at - /App_Data/packages/installed/installedPackages.config - /App_Data/packages/created/createdPackages.config

The new locations are - /App_Data/packages/installedPackages.config - /App_Data/packages/createdPackages.config

For the most part, these two files aren't critical for the health of your website. Their purpose is to help the Umbraco backoffice's Packages section list out which packages you have installed. Often times, when you install packages through nuget, they won't end up listed in these files, so make sure to look in your /bin and your packages.config file for additional packages. I'd trust those two sources over the /App_Data/packages/ xml files.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft