Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 176 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:13
    Lasse Kofoed

Multiple hostname sites NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process

2 sites in one umbraco solution 8.9.1 If i restart the app_pool, whatever site i start first, will run but the other will return a NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process.

I works on my local server, but when uploading to my hosting provider wannafind.dk I get this error.

-> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\WEB\xxMYSITExx.com\www\App_Data\TEMP\NuCache\NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process.

I have tried

<add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="Default" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock" value="SqlMainDomLock" />

and

<add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

both resulting in the same error.

I read somewhere that the app_data somehow was not setup properly, because of the d:\web and not d:\temp. Don't know it this is a "Azure only" sign.

I see multiple treads about this, but all leads to the same umbracoLocalTempStorage and Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock issues.

Hopefully somebody can help me.. I kind of said to the customer.. "No Problem.. Umbraco does is all"

• Bo Jacobsen 501 posts 2010 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:45
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Lasse.

We also ran into this issue on some of our provider server. We had to set it up as it was an Azure Server.

I bet its the umbracoLocalTempStorage that needs to changed to use the database (I know it is slower), but its a work around, until Umbraco see this as their issue and fix it.

Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:54
    Lasse Kofoed

Hi Bo,

Can you point me to a example of the database version of the umbracoLocalTempStorage ?

I have tried all the setting from the documentation https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/config/webconfig/#umbracocorelocaltempstorage

• Bo Jacobsen 501 posts 2010 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:10
    Bo Jacobsen

I dunno about the Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock. But you need the EnvironmentTemp and the Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine in your web.config.

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

But then you also need this in your code.

[RuntimeLevel(MinLevel = RuntimeLevel.Run)]
    public class UmbracoCacheWorkaround : IUserComposer
    {
        public void Compose(Composition composition)
        {
            composition.Register(factory => new PublishedSnapshotServiceOptions { IgnoreLocalDb = true });
        }
    }

Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:25
    Lasse Kofoed

Thank you Bo :) the AspNetTemp in the localtempstorage worked for this case. But you code might come in handy later.

Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:06
    Lasse Kofoed

Okay,

first.. i made a copypaste from a umbraco 7... ups umbracoLocalTempStorage is in umbraco 8 Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage

So i need to run through my test again.

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

Returns a

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Umbraco.Web.Runtime.WebRuntime.Boot(IRegister register) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Runtime\WebRuntime.cs:55

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +517 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +185 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +736

BUT...

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="AspNetTemp" />

Works... :D

STUPID ME

• Kyle Houston (Phi Anh) 1 post 21 karma points
    1 week ago
    Kyle Houston (Phi Anh)

Thank you so much. You've saved my day. I had been in this issues for 2 hours and this article show up. Very appreciated

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft