Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 177 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:13
    Lasse Kofoed

Multiple hostname sites NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process

2 sites in one umbraco solution 8.9.1 If i restart the app_pool, whatever site i start first, will run but the other will return a NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process.

I works on my local server, but when uploading to my hosting provider wannafind.dk I get this error.

-> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\WEB\xxMYSITExx.com\www\App_Data\TEMP\NuCache\NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process.

I have tried

<add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="Default" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock" value="SqlMainDomLock" />

and

<add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

both resulting in the same error.

I read somewhere that the app_data somehow was not setup properly, because of the d:\web and not d:\temp. Don't know it this is a "Azure only" sign.

I see multiple treads about this, but all leads to the same umbracoLocalTempStorage and Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock issues.

Hopefully somebody can help me.. I kind of said to the customer.. "No Problem.. Umbraco does is all"

• Bo Jacobsen 597 posts 2395 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:45
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Lasse.

We also ran into this issue on some of our provider server. We had to set it up as it was an Azure Server.

I bet its the umbracoLocalTempStorage that needs to changed to use the database (I know it is slower), but its a work around, until Umbraco see this as their issue and fix it.

Dec 21, 2020 @ 19:54
    Lasse Kofoed

Hi Bo,

Can you point me to a example of the database version of the umbracoLocalTempStorage ?

I have tried all the setting from the documentation https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/config/webconfig/#umbracocorelocaltempstorage

• Bo Jacobsen 597 posts 2395 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:10
    Bo Jacobsen

I dunno about the Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock. But you need the EnvironmentTemp and the Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine in your web.config.

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

But then you also need this in your code.

[RuntimeLevel(MinLevel = RuntimeLevel.Run)]
    public class UmbracoCacheWorkaround : IUserComposer
    {
        public void Compose(Composition composition)
        {
            composition.Register(factory => new PublishedSnapshotServiceOptions { IgnoreLocalDb = true });
        }
    }

Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:25
    Lasse Kofoed

Thank you Bo :) the AspNetTemp in the localtempstorage worked for this case. But you code might come in handy later.

Dec 21, 2020 @ 20:06
    Lasse Kofoed

Okay,

first.. i made a copypaste from a umbraco 7... ups umbracoLocalTempStorage is in umbraco 8 Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage

So i need to run through my test again.

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

Returns a

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Umbraco.Web.Runtime.WebRuntime.Boot(IRegister register) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Runtime\WebRuntime.cs:55

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +517 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +185 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +736

BUT...

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="AspNetTemp" />

Works... :D

STUPID ME

• Kyle Houston (Phi Anh) 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 19, 2021 @ 05:56
    Kyle Houston (Phi Anh)

Thank you so much. You've saved my day. I had been in this issues for 2 hours and this article show up. Very appreciated

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jan 12, 2024 @ 09:58
    Nurhak Kaya

Thanks, Lasse. Adding the following settings seems to have fixed my problem.

Umbraco version 8.18.8

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="AspNetTemp" />

• Linden Koppejan 14 posts 164 karma points
    Jan 12, 2024 @ 10:40
    Linden Koppejan

I also encountered this problem. Deleting the Data folder in umbraco folder at root solved this problem for me.

Deleting Data folder which contains the nuCache so it needs to be rebuilt.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft