Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian 17 posts 57 karma points
    Jan 05, 2021 @ 12:20
    Ian

Disable load balancing - 7.12.3

What changes do I need to make to disable load balancing?
    I'm moving Umbraco hosting and I'm just trying to get the umbraco instance going and I'm wondering if load balancing is causing the issues, possibly related to the cache. I've never been involved in the Umbraco load balancing set up so I'd really appreciate any advice.

There are values in the web config for master and slave machines for load balancing that relate to old server names. Examine also looks like it is set up, but I'm not entirely sure how I disable these or even if I need to?

I'd like to disable load-balancing just to get the site going on one server but I'm getting nullReference errors that look to be related to the cache

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2021 @ 07:40
    Simon Dingley

Have you checked the docs specific to Load Balancing setup as that should give you an idea of settings you should be checking?

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/index-v7

You will see server entries also in the database in the umbracoServer table.

All that said, I think the site should still run fine without the load balancer as we have a large multi-install site that sits behind an LB in production but the staging server is not load balanced with the exact same config.

Can you post your exception you are getting?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft