Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Roll 13 posts 92 karma points
    Jan 07, 2021 @ 14:09
    Nick Roll

Two cache rebuilds when booting? (8.8.0)

I needed to restart my master production app and once it had booted, I noticed that the action of loading the content and media into the cache had been performed twice. We have a media-heavy site so expect it to take a while to load the media, but the fact that it does it twice does not help. Is it apparent from the logs why this happened? Running 8.8.0 enter image description here

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Jan 07, 2021 @ 20:44
    Yakov Lebski

Looks like you are running umbraco on azure, how your indexes is defined ? TempEnvDirectoryFactory or SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory . In message before second rebuild you can see what umbrco think what is new server, I think what is TEMP\DistCache is empty or removed

Jan 08, 2021 @ 08:16
    Nick Roll

Hi Yakov - thanks for your reply.

We are indeed running on Azure and we're using SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory. Is there a reason Umbraco would think it's a new server between the two cache rebuilds?

Jan 08, 2021 @ 14:29
    Yakov Lebski

Let's verify what you have all setting on azure

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/setup/server-setup/azure-web-apps

<add
        key="Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock"
        value="SqlMainDomLock" />
    <add
        key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage"
        value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add
        key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory"
        value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

I also defined WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING=1 on azure settings

for front servers I believe

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/azure-web-apps

Jan 08, 2021 @ 14:33
    Nick Roll

Hi Yakov

We have those three keys set correctly.

We don't have WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING as your second link suggests that it is only required for v8.6.0 - v8.6.3 (and we are on v8.8.0). Is that not correct?

Jan 08, 2021 @ 15:16
    Yakov Lebski

WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING - generally is not need by documentation but we set it any case.

today I have no umbraco in 8.8 version on azure to check it, what is situation ins sql server may be it reach maximum of DTU and stop answer?

By the way fo you have one front or more?

I remember what this fix is also affect s it https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/9543

Jan 08, 2021 @ 15:28
    Nick Roll

Interesting - the documentation says that up to 8.6.3 WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING was needed for Replica apps only (and Master apps would need the Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock). Then in 8.6.4 onwards Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock would cover both Master and Replicas. Do you set it on your Master/Replicas/both?

I don't believe there is a DTU issue but will double check.

We have two front-end web apps in addition to the master app.

I was aware of the fix you've linked as we've also had an intermittent issue with lock timeout requests. It is not yet patched for 8.8 but it sounds promising and I may look into upgrading to 8.10.1.

Jan 08, 2021 @ 16:33
    Yakov Lebski

if you have more than one front you should define TempEnvDirectoryFactory to prevent locks

<add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.TempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

Jan 08, 2021 @ 16:36
    Nick Roll

Would that be on all three apps or just the two front-ends?

Jan 08, 2021 @ 18:51
    Yakov Lebski

Generally only on loadbalanced apps, but you can define on master too

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft