Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Winter 19 posts 160 karma points
    Jan 07, 2021 @ 14:47
    Gary Winter

Merchello Product Sorting within Collections

I am using Merchello in my Umbraco 7 site, and have a need to drag and drop order of Products within Collections, I have added an Order Code to the Product Extended data, but the manager of the shop would prefer to drag and drop to order Products similar to the Content sorting. Has anyone done this before and can assist or point me in the right direction please.

• MM 29 posts 125 karma points
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 17:39
    MM

I had a similar use case at one point for a client, and based on how long I figured to add in drag/drop functionality they opted for the simpler way of adding a custom order field per product, showing this in this listing and allowing users to alter this.

Obviously depending on the number of products this may not be feasible, though it's a quick and easy solution in most cases. Drag/drop can be added to the UI, but it's been a few years since I last looked into it and wouldn't be much help with that approach.

Best of luck!

• Gary Winter 19 posts 160 karma points
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 18:00
    Gary Winter

Thanks for the response, guess I will need to figure out how to add the Order code to the product listing and allow for updating at the moment you have to go through to the Product Extended Content to update it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft