Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Navneet Kumar Jain 9 posts 89 karma points
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 20:54
    Navneet Kumar Jain

image missing after upgrade version 8.8.0 to 8.10.1

I am upgrading Umbraco version from 8.8.0 to 8.10.1, but after upgrade images thumbnail are going to missing. I am using S3 bucket to store the media files. Any help much appreciated.

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Jan 11, 2021 @ 06:43
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Navneet,

Umbraco creates a thumbnail (for display in the media area) for every image saved into media. To use it just add _thumb between the image name and its extension after you get the umbraco file of the media item.

This should get all the media library images and their thumbs (obviously folders etc need to be handled differently):

var rootMedia = new umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Media(-1);
    var allMediaImages = rootMedia.GetChildMedia();

foreach(var mediaImage in allMediaImages)
    {
    var fullPath = mediaImage.GetPropertyAsString("umbracoFile");
    var thumbPath = mediaImage.GetPropertyAsString("umbracoFile").Replace(".","_thumb.");
    }

Jan 11, 2021 @ 09:55
    Navneet Kumar Jain

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I have lots of images in my media folder. So do I need to add _thumb in all the images name and do I need to add this at app start. While the images in 8.8.0 images are loading successfully but in 8.10.1 it is displaying 404. Please suggest.

Jan 11, 2021 @ 12:00
    Navneet Kumar Jain

After investing my weekend in this issue, I found that in /Media/web.config , version upgrade remove the staticFileHandller. When I revert it back then everything working fine.

Thanks for your help here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft