Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
What is an easy way to clear the cache while developing a plugin.
So far the only thing that always seem to work is editing the package.manifest
And in the link, for instance:
And then every time update v=xxx to a higher number. Same for the .html and .css
But there must be an easier way.
I feel like I usually don't have a problem, so maybe something about my configuration ensures this (it's been a few weeks since I've had to make any back office changes though, so maybe I'm not remember things correctly). Some things I do that may or may not help you:
BTW, I've gotten into trouble before setting a query string in the package.manifest file. I think there was some problem with ClientDepenency or something. Might have been a temporary issue, but thought I'd give you a heads up.
Thanks. This was driving me insane. I never really had any problems but it looks like Chrome may have upgraded their caching recently. I just could not get this to clear whatever I did.
You comment set me in the right direction.
"I have the Chrome inspector open and the browser is set to have caching disabled."
Hope this screen shot helps someone further. This was an instant fix.
Also this link helps but it didn't help that much for Chrome. Still it is a handle extension to the backend health checks.
Thanks, I didn't set the cache disabled in Chrome DevTools that helped.
This works but umbraco could use a better way to clear cache for backoffice plugins. If you have a bug or change and need to release a patch it can be painfully uncertain if the change will pull through. I set cache expire immediately on plugin folder, delete caches, use inmemorycache and still regularly have issues - telling clients to go into developer tools and disable cache is not a good solution
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted