Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin Larsson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 13, 2021 @ 14:26
    Robin Larsson

This document is published but it's URL would collide with content /someurl/page(id=x)

I have an issue finding why the URL is generated in this way. I have a content type which does not like the name of the item i just created. If you look at the picture My cool page is beneath Test2. empty And as I can see in the other content item I added from parent Test1 I added intentionally the other item named the same: My cool page. enter image description here

It shouldn't have a collision problem here. I have never had this issue in Umbraco 7 previously. I tried google around and didn't find the soultion to this issue, atleast not in Umbraco 8. I want the tree structure to follow the url like

• /test1/my-cool-page
    • /test2/my-cool-page

I believe this is a simple fix like a property in web config or something like that. Any help here? :)

Also I suspect this works without setting language in the parent node since i want both nodes in the same lang.

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Jan 13, 2021 @ 15:03
    Joep

Hi,

Since you have multiple root nodes, you should also have domains configured. I think this issue will be fixed if you add a domain for example /test1/ to the Test1 node and /test2/ to the Test2 node. You can do this by right clicking on the node.

Let me know how it went!

-Joep

• Robin Larsson 6 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 14, 2021 @ 08:19
    Robin Larsson

Hi Joep,

That did work but I have to figure out how to do it without manually go there. I dont think this a good solution because we have some people working with the CMS and it would be too complicated. It did solve the problem sure, but this should be accomplished automatically when creating a new item in the tree.

I have example from a previous Umbraco 7 solution enter image description here

All i did was create a item and under that i created another item. Did no configuration at all

Thank you for your previous answer though :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft