Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jan 19, 2021 @ 09:30
    Mike Chambers

core property editors.. overriding fromEditor and toEditor

I see that we can override the propertyValueConvertors in umbraco 8... by removing and registering an alternative.. https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/extending/property-editors/value-converters

Is there a corresponding technique to override the corresponding PropertyEditor : DataEditor?

such as... https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/v8/contrib/src/Umbraco.Web/PropertyEditors/GridPropertyEditor.cs

I'd like to extend the fromEditor/toEditor for our specific needs.

ta.

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Dec 24, 2021 @ 18:34
    iNETZO

Hi Mike,

I would also like to extend the fromEditor to dynamicly set the pasted image folder for the grid rte. Did you find a solution for this?

Best regards,,

iNETZO

• Mattie Saddler 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 28, 2021 @ 12:07
    Mattie Saddler

I looked for information in Google, but my attempts were not crowned with results :(

• Richard Ockerby 28 posts 202 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 07, 2022 @ 16:18
    Richard Ockerby

Very late to the party with this one, but I recently wanted to create a custom view for a Textbox property editor (late-ish into a project so didn't want to go through and change the property editor to a custom one). This was done in v10, but the idea is the same.

First make your new property editor, changing the setup that points to the new view:

using Umbraco.Cms.Core;
    using Umbraco.Cms.Core.IO;
    using Umbraco.Cms.Core.PropertyEditors;

namespace Something.PropertyEditors
    {
        [DataEditor(
            Constants.PropertyEditors.Aliases.TextBox,
            EditorType.PropertyValue | EditorType.MacroParameter,
            "Textbox",
            "/custom_backoffice/views/propertyeditors/customtextbox/customtextbox.html", // This is the path to the view, 
            Group = Constants.PropertyEditors.Groups.Common,
            ValueEditorIsReusable = true)]
        public class CustomTextboxPropertyEditor : TextboxPropertyEditor
        {
            public CustomTextboxPropertyEditor(IDataValueEditorFactory dataValueEditorFactory, IIOHelper ioHelper) : base(dataValueEditorFactory, ioHelper)
            {
            }
        }
    }

Then add your custom view to /wwwroot/custom_backoffice/views/propertyeditors/customtextbox/customtextbox.html. This can be whatever you want but as I am overriding the core Textbox I used that as a base (found here)

Lastly remove the core property editor from the collection (otherwise Umbraco will have 2 TextboxPropertyEditors referenced and throw a runtime error when it comes to rendering). You can do this in a composer:

using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Composing;
    using Umbraco.Cms.Core.DependencyInjection;
    using Umbraco.Cms.Core.PropertyEditors;

public class CoreComposers : IComposer
    {
        public void Compose(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
        {
            builder.DataEditors().Exclude<TextboxPropertyEditor>();
        }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft