Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kasper 14 posts 49 karma points
    Jan 20, 2021 @ 10:02
    Kasper

Umbraco copy/restore - asking for quick upgrade, that fails

I have made a direct copy of a Umbraco website, both files and database. But when i run the website and try logging in to backoffice, it presents a upgrade installer, which falis. If i change the ConnectionString to the copyed website, it works fine.

Installer text: Welcome to the Umbraco installer. You see this screen because your Umbraco installation needs a quick upgrade of its database and files, which will ensure your website is kept as fast, secure and up to date as possible. Detected current version 8.7.0 (a78e3369), which needs to be upgraded to 8.7.0 (a78e3369). To compare versions and read a report of changes between versions, use the View Report button below.

Error The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The migration plan does not support migrating from state

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Jan 21, 2021 @ 04:56
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Kasper,

If you are upgrading an old website, check if you are using obsolete properties in your Data Types and change them to their updated counterparts. The migration will fail if you are still using obsolete properties!

The updated properties are:

Content Picker, Media Picker, Member Picker, Multinode Treepicker, Nested Content, Folder Browser, Related Links

(When the migrations are running, Umbraco will go through your entire Umbraco previous versions database and update it to the format required for Newest Umbraco. The schema will be remodeled and transformed into the correct format and your existing compatible data will also be transformed to fit with how new Umbraco is storing data.

• john blair 48 posts 219 karma points
    May 16, 2023 @ 17:22
    john blair

I have a very similar problem with 8.7.0 having just copied the database to SQL Server on Windows 11 and it is asking to upgrade 8.7.0. to 8.7.0 and fails. Did you ever find a solution?

• Cedeste 36 posts 128 karma points
    May 30, 2023 @ 18:05
    Cedeste

Similar situation here - it throws the same error when going from 11.1 to 11.2. Stuck in the loop currently.

• john blair 48 posts 219 karma points
    May 31, 2023 @ 07:26
    john blair

My issue was the copied db had been upgraded on win 10 to 8.18.7 but the code on win 11 was 8.7. I upgraded the code on win 11 to 8.18.7 and it worked fine. The umbracoKeyValue table identifies the guid associated with the db version of umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft