Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Basetype 3 posts 83 karma points
    Jan 21, 2021 @ 11:43
    Basetype

Can we run Umbraco 7.15 on .NET framework 4.8

Hi

Simple question, can we run Umbraco 7.15 on .NET framework 4.8

If i try and upgrade my projects to .NET 4.8 I see an error in the web config where the following lines do not find the .channels namespace

<add verb="*" path="umbraco/channels.aspx" type="umbraco.presentation.channels.api, umbraco"/>
      <add verb="*" path="umbraco/channels/word.aspx" type="umbraco.presentation.channels.wordApi, umbraco"/>

However, if i remove these lines the site appears to function correctly, could these be a hangover from a previous version of Umbraco which are no longer required?

Thanks

• Simon Justesen 74 posts 193 karma points
    Jan 21, 2021 @ 13:32
    Simon Justesen

Can 7.1.5 run on .NET 4.8? Yes :)

I think the Channels/Word API dates back to Umbraco 4 or 6, and is no longer part of the API, so you can safely comment out those lines

• Basetype 3 posts 83 karma points
    Jan 21, 2021 @ 14:36
    Basetype

Thanks for getting back to me, i appreciate it, I thought that was the case but am grateful for the confirmation.

• Jacek 1 post 72 karma points
    Feb 08, 2022 @ 21:07
    Jacek

Hi,

I have Umbraco 7.15.7 and was wondering whether there is any tutorial how to upgrade .net framework from 4.5.2 to 4.8. The steps I made were:

1. Change each <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5.2</TargetFrameworkVersion> to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.8</TargetFrameworkVersion>
    2. Ran in Package Manager Console:

Update-Package -Reinstall

3. Try to open app on /umbraco page

4. Nothing happens :(

Update: My bad. I pointed to non existing DB and it got into some infinite loop :(. So, steps above work :). One thing, when script asked me whether I want to override Web.config, I put "L" key (No to all).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft