Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• whiteranger 3 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 26, 2021 @ 16:46
    whiteranger

How to change the template's path?

I'm very new to umbraco and I'm being required to create a separate projects for every features in the website, so let's say I have a carousel control in the website then I would create an MVC project called carousel.csproj, and another project for a image logo "Logo.csproj" and the list goes on. The cshtml will also be placed on subfolder under the views of each projects.

enter image description here

All this feature projects will then be referenced to a main web project that contains the master.cshtml

Now, creating a template in Umbraco automatically stores the cshtml to ~/views by default. Is it possible to changed or configure the path and map a template to an existing view?

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jan 26, 2021 @ 17:06
    Brendan Rice

Hey, don't want to piss on your parade but this sounds like an anti-pattern.

Why are you required to create a project per component? It seems like overkill and a maintenance nightmare.

• whiteranger 3 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 27, 2021 @ 03:33
    whiteranger

IKR, the purpose of this design is to make every features modular, however if Umbraco is limited to do such configuration then I think there's no point to keep pushing this kind of solution structure. Any another insight are welcome.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2021 @ 09:43
    Steve Morgan

How would this work when you build and publish to a single web folder?

As an alternative you could have a build task that copies your views in your separate projects into the web folder. That might be a nice solution - though you wouldn't be debugging the version I suppose?

You can try this though: http://www.binaryintellect.net/articles/c50d3f14-7048-4b4f-84f4-1b28cb0f9d96.aspx

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jan 27, 2021 @ 12:31
    Brendan Rice

Are you trying to come up with a base install to speed up development?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft