Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Rey 13 posts 107 karma points
    Jan 27, 2021 @ 11:08
    Carlos Rey

Nested list not showing content items in editor

Hey,

I have a site running in U-Cloud (v8.6.7).

I have a Nested content list populated with items (each set up as Element Types)

I have a page template which uses this nested list (via a composition)

But in the editor, on that tab, the props for this nested list dont show the "Add content" button to add nested content items. (see pic). I noticed in the template, it the prop for the nested content should show "Add content" button too, but does not.

I tried setting up a test page, with a test nested content and a test element (using a checkbox), but again, no "Add content" button.

Am i doing something stupid ? Is this a bug ? Am i going insane ? :)

Thanks in advance!enter image description here

Basic test here : enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Jan 28, 2021 @ 09:14
    Jannik Anker

We had this issue yesterday, after upgrading to 8.6.7 - there are some updates to Nested Content controllers/directives and it looks like some of it is missing.

So either you need to refresh your browser cache, or maybe bump ClientDependency version, OR as in our case we needed to make sure our (less than ideal) deploy setup pushed the updated /umbraco/js/ files after the upgrade :-/

Jan 28, 2021 @ 09:57
    Carlos Rey

I can confirm that this was a bug with 8.6.x Ive upgraded to 8.10.x and this now works. :)

Jan 28, 2021 @ 10:54
    Jannik Anker

Not a bug. Your issue was caused by 8.6.7 related changes ;-)

Jan 28, 2021 @ 12:18
    Carlos Rey

Well, it worked prior to the upgrade to 8.6.7.

I tried changing the clientdep val (amongst many many other things!) and that did not work, so i raised a support ticket with Umbraco.

They told me it is a bug and to upgrade.

After upgrading to 8.10.2, the issue went away.

Jan 28, 2021 @ 13:40
    Jannik Anker

Ah, fair enough, sorry for the confusion :-) Just for posterity's sake: we got it working on v8.6.7, so if anyone reading this down the line for some reason cannot upgrade, there IS another way (ensuring that /umbraco/ files are properly updated which can be tricky in Cloud setups using a separate repository, I would think).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft