Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 27, 2021 @ 11:45
    Emil Christiansen

Umbraco Redirect (Umbraco URL Management) not working

Hi

After an upgrade from 8.7.0 to 8.10.1 we have discovered a problem.

The automatic Umbraco redirects are not working any longer - which means we get a 404 on those pages (served via our custom LastChanceContentFinder).

I have looked into the source code of Umbraco, and maybe I have found an issue.

So, it seems like all the Umbraco redirects in the DB (umbracoRedirectUrl) has an empty "culture". If I edit a node in Umbraco and provide it a new node-name (and URL) and look at the auto-generated entry in the table - the culture on the entry is empty.

So, looking at the log files (debug) I found the following:

"No match for route: {Route}","@l":"Debug","Route":"1059/xxx/yyy/xxxx","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Web.Routing.ContentFinderByRedirectUrl".....

This led me to the "RedirectUrlService" in the Umbraco Source Code - and it seems like a change has been made on the culture a few months back:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/9a0746da8403d5b9ae21e654349649a70dba48f4

If I provide a culture directly in the DB on the entries in umbracoRedirectUrl (e.g. da-dk) it is working - so maybe it is related?

GetMostRecentRedirectUrl vs. GetMostRecentUrl i think we have an issue since we do not have cultures on the records?

Am I missing something here - or is this a bug?

• David Sheiles 67 posts 337 karma points
    May 04, 2021 @ 02:29
    David Sheiles

Hi,

I just had the same issue after upgrading a site from Umbraco 7.15 to 8.13

The culture was NULL on each of the redirects in the umbracoRedirectUrl, and they started working as soon as I ran the following script to change it to blank.

UPDATE umbracoRedirectUrl SET culture = ''

Edit: I just found the associated github issue for this - https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/10066

• Jason D 66 posts 218 karma points
    Dec 05, 2023 @ 23:19
    Jason D

This isn't working on (non Umbraco Cloud) version 12.3.3. I tried blank Culture and with the correct "en-us". Not sure what is going on there.

Would it be a conflict with IISUrlRewrite middleware??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft