Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mauzilla 19 posts 90 karma points
    Feb 04, 2021 @ 15:44
    mauzilla

Access controllers via the CMS

Hello,

I'm very new to Umbraco but familiar with MVC based systems. One of our clients have a small issue, seems that a form when submitted returns a 404 not found error on submit and I have noted it posts to a surface controller.

We have CMS access but not source code access, so wondering if one can view the source code / edit controllers from within the CMS?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2021 @ 15:58
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi

If the controller is compiled in the dll, then you have to decompile dll with some tool like ILSpy

Possible that controller is in App_Code folder - check if it's there

Thanks,

Alex

• mauzilla 19 posts 90 karma points
    Feb 04, 2021 @ 16:13
    mauzilla

Thank you, is there a way for me to view App_Code from within the CMS? Sorry im not familiar with the CMS at all enough. I played around but as the site is in production, I would rather get concrete answers than fiddle and break something

• Huw Reddick 1752 posts 6117 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 05, 2021 @ 07:01
    Huw Reddick

I would download the site and a backup of the database if you can. That way you can have a dig around without upsetting the production site.

• aeron zampa 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 05, 2021 @ 06:22
    aeron zampa

I have a MVC controller inside my .NET project which is a little bit modified version of standard MVC controller since I'm using the Episerver CMS. The code for controller is as following:

public class StartPageController : PageController

return View(currentPage);
        }
    }

And now when I try to access the view via controller like following:

http://localhost:port/TestPage This should (with the regular MVC controller) return the Index.cshtml view that I created, but it doesn't ... The error that I'm getting is:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft