Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pipja 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 04, 2021 @ 20:32
    pipja

Tree and List view hybrid

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is anyway to enable Tree and List view hybrid on a doctype?

For example, I have a folder doctype, that can contain other folders as well as articles. I would like the folder doctype to be expandable on the tree view, however, the articles to remain in list view so they don't clutter the tree.

If it isn't possible yet, it would certainly be nice to have, it'd be a mix of the old tree view and the new list view.

Thank you.

• Casper 70 posts 308 karma points
    Feb 05, 2021 @ 14:55
    Casper

Create a new datatype of type listview and configure it to fit your needs. Now add a new property to your doctype and select the newly created list view as property editor.

• Adam Nelson 27 posts 186 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2021 @ 21:34
    Adam Nelson

Thanks Casper. While that allows both a tree and listview to exist at the same time, it doesn't solve the problem of filtering the tree's child nodes to only certain doctypes (we want to only show the 'folders' in the tree and the 'articles' (or 'articles and folders') in the listview).

@pipja - we might have to intercept the request to /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetNodes?id=xxx&application=content&tree=&use=main&culture= to do our own custom doctype filtering on the results.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft