Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Morf 80 posts 183 karma points
    Feb 05, 2021 @ 17:13
    Tobias Morf

Types of uploaded medias not correct

We defined the allowed sub media types and subfolder types for certain media folders (Permissions --> Allowed child node types). If now whole structures are uploaded into these folders by drag and drop, Umbraco creates wrong media types. Always the defaults are set automatically (type “Folder” and “File”). In Umbraco 7 you were asked by a modal popup for the desired media type.

• Does this feature no longer exist?
    • How can we prevent clients from being able to create incorrect media types?
  • Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2021 @ 14:20
    Steve Morgan

Just stumbled across your post - I've just experienced this for the second time based on user.

It's very confusing for users because their images just "don't work" when you've got code relying on a crop existing on the media type.

The setup / to recreate: 1) Different image picker is set to a to different media folders which is of a specific media type. Each media folder of a specific type is allowed under itself and there's one related type of media (image) to control crops. 2) If user creates a folder under the media folder in the media section a folder of the correct type is created. User can upload images and they work (either via the media section or direct from a content picker). 3) If user goes in via content -> image picker and creates a folder using the + symbol then a default "Folder" type is used under this bepoke folder type (even though this isn't an allowed type) - now all subsequent images are uploaded as images and not of your bespoke type. Editor user can't understand what's gone wrong and the fix involves reuploading and repicking images.

I'll create a bug for this (looks - can't see an existing report of this) and see if I get time to investigate.

Steve

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2021 @ 14:22
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft