Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kiran 17 posts 109 karma points
    Feb 10, 2021 @ 13:07
    Kiran

Umbraco 8 BackOffice Member Search By Custom Properties

Hi All!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just a quick question regarding BackOffice search in Umbraco 8: How to add custom properties in umbraco search functionality in members section?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2021 @ 18:29
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kiran

You need to add custom fields to Examine index, check out this doc - https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Searching/Examine/indexing/

THanks,

Alex

• RyanW 33 posts 148 karma points
    Jun 02, 2023 @ 11:47
    RyanW

Hey Alex,

I'm late to the party for this, but I've done that for the MemberIndexer. So all custom fields are now correctly pulling into the index, I can use the searcher to confirm this is the case.

However, the BackOffice search on the members sections doesn't appear to be using this from what I can see? Not sure if using 8.16.0 changes this.

ie, if i've modified the Member List to show a custom property, attempting to search for values within that always returns empty. Doing the same search on the index itself returns as expected.

Any ideas?

• Andrew B 22 posts 142 karma points
    4 days ago
    Andrew B

Hi Ryan,

Don't know if you're still looking for an answer, but on the off chance you are (or someone else finds this) the members list search very helpfully doesn't use the contents of the indexer for its search feature. You instead need to craft your own custom controller, intercept the API call in the browser, then fire it off to the custom controller - see https://dev.to/skttl/how-to-customize-searching-in-umbraco-list-views-1knk

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2021 @ 20:51
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kiran

Did you solve the issue?

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft