Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amy 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 11, 2021 @ 08:27
    Amy

Login/ Register Members Feature

Hi there!

I'm looking to add a new login system feature on my website. I need for users to login (already on the website) register (but cant view content till approved) Remember Me, Forgotten Username/Password.

The login system we have on the website has been tested and works, we just want to add onto it by allowing people to register but they would need to be approved before they can access the content. The members can only read the content.

Also a forgotten username or password would be a great feature.

I am currently using Umbraco 7.15 and any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Thomas Kassos 54 posts 265 karma points
    Feb 11, 2021 @ 13:39
    Thomas Kassos

Hi Amy,

I don't know if there is a better solution to this, but what I usually do is to create my membership controllers using the member service

So you can explicitly set values to the member properties (and set member.IsApproved = false;)

Also by using the member service you can create your own logic for the forgotten username or password. For example you may want to generate a link for these emails.

Thanks, T

• Amy 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 15, 2021 @ 08:52
    Amy

Hi Thomas,

Thankyou for this! I'll take a look over it as it seems to be a good basis to work from.

Hopefully I can figure it all out!

Thankyou, Amy

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 15, 2021 @ 09:56
    Huw Reddick

Hi Amy,

if you need some code to look at, checkout https://github.com/Jumoo/Jumoo.Simpily/tree/master/Simpily.Site/App_Code/SimpilyAuth it provides a basic membership setup for umbraco 7 and was the membership code I refered to when rworking the Forum package to work with Umbraco 8

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft