Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Kassos 54 posts 265 karma points
    Feb 11, 2021 @ 13:16
    Thomas Kassos

Examine Error when deleting member

Hi,

I am getting an error every time I delete a member from Umbraco Back Office.

"[Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.IBackgroundTask] " Task has failed
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Umbraco.Examine.MemberValueSetBuilder.<GetValueSets>d__1.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Examine\MemberValueSetBuilder.cs:line 23
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineComponent.DeferedReIndexForMember.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Execute>b__0() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Search\ExamineComponent.cs:line 715
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.SimpleTask.Run() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Scheduling\SimpleTask.cs:line 21
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.<RunAsync>d__40.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Scheduling\BackgroundTaskRunner.cs:line 562

I don't know if that's relevant but I have a custom property editor for the Members (type Json) and a Custom Value Converter.

I have also notice that it doesn't remove the deleted member from the MembersIndex, so for now I have added a event on MemberService.Deleted to rebuild the Index

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks, T

Feb 12, 2021 @ 00:30
    Thomas Kassos

An update to that, the custom property editor is not relevant with this issue, I have test it with another member type which hasn't this property and the error still occurs.

• Dee 118 posts 338 karma points
    Feb 23, 2021 @ 08:56
    Dee

Hey Thomas,

I am facing the same issue. Do you have any updates on this?

Best

Dee

Feb 23, 2021 @ 08:58
    Thomas Kassos

Hi Dee,

No, Unfortunately no..

Thanks, T

Feb 23, 2021 @ 09:02
    Dee

Hey T,

Alright, I will report a bug then and will let you know about the issue link.

Best

Feb 23, 2021 @ 09:06
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft