Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Feb 15, 2021 @ 11:00
    Jorge Ribeiro

RTE transform local urls to absolute

Hi

I'm creating a newsletter using my umbraco site's backoffice. I created a custom section where editors can add content to the newsletter using RTE. This content is saved in a custom DB but can reference site content.

The problem arrises when editors, in RTE, add a link for a site's content. RTE witll render it locally, with {locallink:umb} etc attrs, but I reealy need all URLs to be absolute ones.

Using bellow statment I managed to get relative paths but still need absolute ones because the newsletter is to be sent by email and all links must be absolute.

var content =  new HtmlLocalLinkParser(base.UmbracoContextAccessor).EnsureInternalLinks(rteArticle);

// Change from 
    // href="/{localLink:umb://media/14508b4c10c64f8586bcbb0e933f38fd}"
    // to
    // href="/media/ksffafgg/wp216_en.pdf"
    // but need
    // href="https://www.mysite.com/media/ksffafgg/wp216_en.pdf"

Does umbraco have tools to change this or do I have to parse RTE text by myself changing element's href and src?

Regards,

Jorge

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 15, 2021 @ 13:33
    Huw Reddick

I would expect you need to do it manually, I would not expect this behavior to be normal since you would not be able to move content from say dev to prod if url's were absolute not relative

I would parse the rte content prior to emailing it out.

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Feb 15, 2021 @ 14:24
    Jorge Ribeiro

Makes sense!

Thanks!!

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2024 @ 13:05
    Simon Dingley

I would not expect this behavior to be normal since you would not be able to move content from say dev to prod if url's were absolute not relative

Whilst I accept that this post was made some time ago it is still relevant to a task I am working on now. I don't believe this statement to be correct since the URLs in the RTE should remain as they have always been and will be returned as relative or absolute when a request is made.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft