Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christoffer Frede 30 posts 140 karma points
    Feb 16, 2021 @ 11:41
    Christoffer Frede

copying nested content shows content from copied content

Hi all

i have created a handfull of websites in Umbraco 8 and build it with pagemodules with nested content. if we add a nested content item to a page with a textarea with the text "this is the initial text" for example and then we want to copy that nested content by using the copy function in nested content.

but the problem is that the copied content references the source content somehow and even though i fill in the text "this is a new text" and save and publish the text will not change in the frontend on the copied nested content. and the text will keep displaying "this is the initial text".

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and maybe has a solution to fix it ?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2021 @ 12:12
    Nik

Hi Christoffer,

What version of Umbraco 8 are you running?

Thanks

Nik

Feb 16, 2021 @ 12:21
    Christoffer Frede

its version 8.6.1 and below

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2021 @ 12:28
    Nik

Okay, so I'm 99% sure there are issues with Nested Content Copy and Paste functionality up to version 8.6.3

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5913

So in order for it to work properly you'll need to update to that version as a minimum.

Also... something important to note, this update doesn't fix existing content. Unfortunately as far as I know the fix for existing content is to delete and re-add the affected modules.

Sorry I don't have better news, but if you upgrade the sites they shouldn't have the issue with "new" content moving forward.

Nik

Feb 16, 2021 @ 12:44
    Christoffer Frede

Thank you Nik.

i will try and test this on a new umbraco install i have setup today that is on the most recent umbraco version. and thanks for the heads up with existing content not being "fixed".

Christoffer

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft