Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jane King 4 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 17, 2021 @ 15:59
    Jane King

Getting started with Umbraco 8

Hey Everyone, Jane here!

I'm working on upgrading the login system feature on my website to a new one that can help users remember forgotten usernames or passwords.

How can I do this using Umbraco 8? I saw where a member on the forum recommended https://github.com/Jumoo/Jumoo.Simpily/tree/master/Simpily.Site/App_Code/SimpilyAuth for basic membership setup for Umbraco 7. Does this work with Umbraco 8 as well?

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 17, 2021 @ 16:59
    Huw Reddick

Hi Jane,

Unfortunately the simpily code does not work with Umbraco 8, however I have recently posted an updated version of the Simpily code which does work with version 8

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/collaboration/mediawizards-forum/

If all you need is the membership bits, then just download the membership zip file, this has most of what you require and is just a port of the SimpilyAuth code.

Pleas shout if you need any assistance

• Jane King 4 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 09:47
    Jane King

Thank you so much

• Liam Dilley 152 posts 378 karma points
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 02:06
    Liam Dilley

I would personally avoid remember password processes in this day an age. On the basic level we do a password reset method to go to the users inbox with a button/link with a Token. The token has a limited lifespan and that links drives into a password reset process.

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 08:20
    Huw Reddick

That is exactly how the forum Auth code works, it allows you to reset password not retrieve it.

• Liam Dilley 152 posts 378 karma points
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 23:52
    Liam Dilley

Yeah, I just came across the thread and some of the comments. I like to make sure anyone including the OP is clear that you should be doing a password reset and never "here is what your password is" process. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft