Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2021 @ 20:26
    Josip

Umbraco starts instalation when deploying to server

Hi, I have problem when deploying my new fresh instalation of umbraco to the server.

When I run the aplication, installation screen opens. This is issue with new version of Umbraco 8.11.1

When I do the same thing with Umbraco 8.5.1, everything works as expected.

Another wierd thing is that everthing works normal on another server which I have too.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Feb 19, 2021 @ 23:41
    Josip

Hi Alex, I did.

When connection string is wrong I get an error.

I tried 5 times with new installations, every time sam thing, but when I try to deploy older versions, it works fine

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2021 @ 23:41
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Josip

Hm, maybe this is really an issue with 8.11.1

Feb 19, 2021 @ 23:44
    Josip

I didnt found the reported issue.

Wierd thing is that, when I try to deploy same aplication on different server it works fine, both servers are shared.

I am sure in 1 thing, this new version do something different than older versions and my server have a problem with it, but I dont know why

Feb 20, 2021 @ 00:13
    Josip

Ok, i am trying every version now, and when I try to deploy version 8.10.1, I am getting this error:

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Could not check the upgrade state.
      at Umbraco.Core.RuntimeState.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory, ILogger logger) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\RuntimeState.cs:line 223
      at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory, IProfilingLogger profilingLogger) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 290
      at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 169

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2021 @ 00:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Looks like Umbraco is not able to connect to the database.

Try to check all settings in Azure, like a firewall.

If you are using an Azure App Service for Umbraco, in the Azure portal, make sure that your database firewall settings have the "Allow Azure services and resources to access this server" set to Yes.

Feb 20, 2021 @ 00:18
    Josip

I am not on Azure, all I have is solidCP , but I will talk with system administrator and tell him to check permisions.

Feb 22, 2021 @ 12:54
    Josip

Update:

Latest version which works without any problem is 8.9.0

Than I tried upgrade it to 8.11.1 and than this installation proccess starts again.

My server admin couldnt find any issue on server side.

Looks like I will have to work with 8.9.0 version and move my project from 8.11.1 to 8.9.0

Feb 22, 2021 @ 13:13
    Josip

One more update:

When I deploy my database to MSSQL 2016 , everything works, but if I deploy it to MSSQL 2017 I am getting this error :

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Could not check the upgrade state.
          at Umbraco.Core.RuntimeState.GetUmbracoDatabaseState(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\RuntimeState.cs:line 264
          at Umbraco.Core.RuntimeState.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\RuntimeState.cs:line 171
          at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory, IProfilingLogger profilingLogger) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 353
          at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 175

Feb 23, 2021 @ 11:35
    Josip

One more update:

When I deploy Umbraco version 8.9.2 which works fine and then when I try to upgrade it to 8.10.0 Umbraco stuck here, and repeat this message all the time:

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft