Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SkyTheLine 33 posts 103 karma points
    Feb 22, 2021 @ 14:04
    SkyTheLine

How To: Install Umbraco with SQL Server as Database?

Hi there

I'm using VS Code with the "IIS Express" Plugin.

So as written in the docs, i got the latest Umbraco Installer Package 8.11.1 and to be honest i was confused.

I had my SQL Express already done and wanted to add the db threw the installation.

Later without any settings, Umbraco made itself "Umbraco.sdf" and i can't figure out why?

Is this just normal behavior or can i change that? So when im creating a Connectionstring into my SQL Server?

• Malthe Petersen 68 posts 383 karma points c-trib
    Feb 22, 2021 @ 19:06
    Malthe Petersen

Hey

If it is a new installation you can just remove the connection string and remove the value from “Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus” in the web.config. Doing so will force Umbraco to reinstall and you should be able to select Mssql as your database.

Remember to select “customize”, when you get to the installation, otherwise Umbraco will just default to SqlCe.

Hope this can get you further.

Regards Malthe

• SkyTheLine 33 posts 103 karma points
    Feb 22, 2021 @ 19:24
    SkyTheLine

Hey Malthe

Cool thanks for the answer :)

I'll try that tommorow!

• Liam Dilley 152 posts 378 karma points
    Feb 23, 2021 @ 02:45
    Liam Dilley

And it is possible to convert that SQL lite file into a database file if you ever want to convert them. There is a handy tool for it and it is not that difficult of a process from when I have had to do it.

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Feb 24, 2021 @ 04:38
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello, First Create Database if you don't have and then follow this steps

https://www.umbrajobs.com/blog/posts/2020/july/how-to-install-umbraco-8-using-sql-server/

It's a very simple process to install Umbraco with SQL Server as Database(You can try Umbraco Starter Kit)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft