Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Susanne Hou 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 01, 2021 @ 13:21
    Susanne Hou

Object reference not set to an instance of an object in ContainerControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance

I have a solution where I have added a new page. When I click the button to open that page, I get the error shown in the screenshot below.

I ahve added pages before and never had this problem. I've compared the new page and controllers to the previous ones I made and everything looks good, altough I will admit I might have stared myself blind on it by now.

In any case, does anyone know what this error might suggest is the problem? I feel like it could be something about the registration of the dependency injection, but none of my other pages or controllers seem to be registered anywhere.

enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2021 @ 20:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Susanne

Can you check the log? Have a look at /app_data/Logs Or Log viewer in Umbraco back-office.

Thanks,

Alex

• Susanne Hou 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 03, 2021 @ 19:45
    Susanne Hou

I had a look in the log and noticed Umbraco seemed to be looking for a controller with a different name than I expected - turns out I had misspelled the folder name I put the controller in. I believe a 'doh' is in order 😂

Thank you for the tip about the log 👍

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 03, 2021 @ 20:24
    Huw Reddick

I think we have all done that before :)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2021 @ 19:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are always welcome!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft