Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rich 2 posts 82 karma points
    Mar 02, 2021 @ 01:30
    Rich

Hello all! I am a web designer and my client has a site on here called logansquarelaundry.com. His website's contact form is not sending emails to either of his email addresses. I used my own email address as a receiver email and it worked fine. Any ideas what the issue could be?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 02, 2021 @ 11:08
    Nik

Hi Rich,

It sounds like his Email addresses are blocking the inbound messages as Spam if changing them to yours works with no problem.

Spam blocks can occur at various different points and, once in place, can be notoriously hard to get removed.

Things to check:

1. Send logs - The site will have been set up to send via some SMTP server details. It "should" be possible to look at the server and see a record of all sends and the responses being sent.
    2. Check the spam folder on each of their mail clients
    3. There are some "free" websites that can check if a sender email is on any blacklists. So what ever "from" address the site has been sending as should be checked on there.

Also, you might want to check domain settings, such as SPF records to ensure that the domain is configured to reduce the changes of it being blocked.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft