Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Brian Stegmann 20 posts 135 karma points
    Mar 04, 2021 @ 10:41
    Tom Brian Stegmann

Vendr for Umbraco 8 - what do you think about it?

Hi everyone,

In relation to web shops and e-commerce I have worked quite a lot with TeaCommerce etc. in the past, however, I have not yet had the opportunity to thoroughly experiment with Vendr (the โ€˜newโ€™ TC) for Umbraco 8.

If you happen to have worked with Vendr, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share a few of your experiences โ€“ the good ๐Ÿ˜‡, the bad ๐Ÿ˜จ, and the ugly ๐Ÿค ? Any pitfalls compared to TeaCommerce? Or is Vendr simply โ€˜one big bowl of coding happinessโ€™ for a seasoned developer? ๐Ÿ˜„

Vendr seems like a great package/solution with all the basics in order - and anything in terms of knowledge sharing regarding Vendr will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regard, Tom

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 04, 2021 @ 10:53
    Nik

Hi Tom,

I can't comment on comparing it to TC, but I very much enjoyed using Vendr in a recent project. There are some areas that I had to learn, but I don't know if that's more because I hadn't done e-com before, or if Vendr does things differently, but 90% of what I was doing Vendr made very intuitive.

The support from the Vendr team was great as well with any questions that I had, and they are open to feedback as well which is good.

Cheers

Nik

Mar 04, 2021 @ 11:10
    Tom Brian Stegmann

Hi Nik,

Thank you very much for your input - Vendr sounds like a good choice so far. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Tom

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 04, 2021 @ 11:46
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Tom

I think Vendr offer much of the same simplicity and flexibility as Tea Commerce did. Furthermore it has been extended which new features making it easy to customize it to specific needs. There a lot extension points in the API to mentioned a few: Price/Amount adjustments, Discount Rules/Rewards, Payment Providers, Events, Pipelines etc.

For example I extended Vendr with reviews and am planning to extend with wishlist functionality as well.

Furthermore there are a wide range of core and contrib payment providers.

Mar 04, 2021 @ 13:18
    Tom Brian Stegmann

Hi Bjarne,

Excellent - thank you for sharing your experiences. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft