Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Mar 08, 2021 @ 10:03
    Remko

Bug? Properties without Vary by culture won't be stored to ExternalIndex when publishing node in non-default language

Let me explain:

We have 2 languages: - Dutch nl-NL (default) - English en-US

On each node are several properties that aren't language dependant, so we didn't check "Vary by culture" for those properties.

However when we wanna publish a node for only English, we discovered these properties didn't show up in ExteralIndex... So when getting the node in razor these properties aren't available..

Only when we publish the node in Dutch, so the default language, the non-varying properties appear..

This is really strange behaviour isn't it? No one else stumbled upon this problem? Anyone know a work-around for this?

Thanks in advance, Remko

• Tuna 8 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 08, 2021 @ 10:20
    Tuna

Hi.

I had a problem like this. I asked in the forum but could not get an answer

what I did as a solution; I created 2 fields in each language for the relevant page. I did not publish the second page on the TR page, I edited and published the first one, I did not publish the first (TR) page on the EN page, I edited and published the second page.

On the cshtml side, I filled the page content by choosing the id according to the culture.

Since I only did this on one page, it was okay, I don't know if there will be a solution for you.

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Mar 10, 2021 @ 10:00
    Remko

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't a solution for us...

But come one.. this shouldn't be in the CMS at all, don't you think?

It should'nt be necessary to publish a node in default language (at all time) to make sure data is correctly stored...

Can this be fixed in the core? I created issue for this: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/9963

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft