Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Beever 74 posts 155 karma points
    Mar 09, 2021 @ 11:22
    Michael Beever

Hello,

I have tried to install uSync Content edition on my Umbraco to get a copy of the content to move to a develop version of the site.

I already had the normal version of uSync installed but that only exported the templates.

So i tried to install this component as well.

I got an error and Umbraco stopped working, the only way i managed to bring it back online was to remove the uSync8.ContentEdition.dll from the directory and it all started again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or has a better FREE way to move all of the content and templates to a development server.

Thanks

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 09, 2021 @ 12:20
    Kevin Jump

Hi Michael,

• that shouldn't happen - do you remember what the error was?
    • did you install the package (from the backoffice/our.umbraco website) or the nuget package (from the package manager in visual studio)
    Mar 09, 2021 @ 13:04
    Michael Beever

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load all types from "uSync8.ContentEdition, Version=8.8.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping: . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Tracking.SyncXmlTracker1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1: Could not load type 'uSync8.Core.Serialization.ISyncNodeSerializer1' from assembly 'uSync8.Core, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.TypeLoadException on uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler: Could not load type 'uSync8.BackOffice.SyncHandlers.ISyncItemHandler' from assembly 'uSync8.BackOffice, Version=8.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeFinder.GetClassesWithBaseType(Type baseType, IEnumerable1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses, Func2 additionalFilter) at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeLoader.<>c_DisplayClass5301.<GetTypes>b__1() at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeLoader.GetTypesInternalLocked(Type baseType, Type attributeType, Func1 finder, String action, Boolean cache) at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeLoader.GetTypesInternal(Type baseType, Type attributeType, Func1 finder, String action, Boolean cache) at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeLoader.GetTypes[T](Boolean cache, IEnumerable1 specificAssemblies) at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.ResolveComposerTypes(TypeLoader typeLoader) at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)

Is the error i get I installed from packages on Umbraco CMS

Mar 09, 2021 @ 13:23
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

yeah i think this is a version compatibility issue. you need to update the uSync package before you install the latest uSync.Content edition .

We do try to keep them in sync and reduce the breaking changes but with umbraco package installs there isn't any dependeny functionality so it is possible to install newer content edition over an older version of uSync.

I think we will add some more text on the package install to hopefully help people.

Mar 09, 2021 @ 13:29
    Michael Beever

great will try that later.

thanks for your help

Mar 09, 2021 @ 14:48
    Michael Beever

I tried to install but when i did i got a file permission error.

Closed without thinking but now says it is on the current version and cannot update it.

Mar 09, 2021 @ 14:57
    Kevin Jump

:( - sounds like its confused quite a bit.

you should be able to remove it and start again without effecting anything (nothing stored in the DB, files in uSync folder won't be removed).

if you have trouble uSync is 'just' the dlls in the bin folder and the uSync folders in the app_plugins folder - removing these files completely uninstalls it.

Mar 09, 2021 @ 14:58
    Michael Beever

Hi Kevin, great will give it a try.

Thanks for the help

Mar 10, 2021 @ 07:47
    Michael Beever

Hi Kevin,

this is the error i have received when trying to uninstall.

An error occured
    Access to the path 'E:\TeesUmbraco\Web\bin\uSync8.BackOffice.dll' is denied.

Exception Details
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\TeesUmbraco\Web\bin\uSync8.BackOffice.dll' is denied.

I suspect that install is the same error can i install manually?

Mar 10, 2021 @ 07:55
    Michael Beever

I have manually removed the files now i get this error.

An error occured
    Could not find a part of the path 'E:\TeesUmbraco\Web\App_Plugins\uSync8'.

Exception Details:
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\TeesUmbraco\Web\App_Plugins\uSync8'.

I haven't removed the old files just renamed so they can't run.

Mar 10, 2021 @ 08:38
    Michael Beever

So using the package.manifest file i have added all the files to the correct locations.

And it appears to work

Mar 10, 2021 @ 09:22
    Michael Beever

Ran the installer from Umbraco packages for ContentEditor and it worked this time :)

Thanks for all the help Kevin. uSync is such a good tool.

Jul 08, 2021 @ 07:48
    Michael Beever

Hello, I finally got access to my dev server and tried to transfer my LIVE site to DEV.

Everything has copied except Templates am i doing something wrong?

In fact Partial Views, Stylesheets and Scripts have not copied over.

Thanks

Jul 08, 2021 @ 08:04
    Kevin Jump

Hi Micheal,

if you are coping folders between sites - you have to also copy the views/css/scripts folders along side the uSync folder.

the contents of those folders isn't stored in the DB so they can just be copied, the uSync folder will contain any bits that then link those into the db (which for templates is a ID number in the DB that is how they are linked to things)

Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft