Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Mar 10, 2021 @ 22:03
    Damien Holley

Umbraco Forms - Hide or intercept download all button

Is there a quick way to remove the download all button?

Failing that, is there a way to intercept the call as we have to use a secure store for these files and the download all button is bypassing our route.

Also does anyone know why no matter which forum I am in when I post a question it pops it into the getting started forum? No option to switch.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2021 @ 02:52
    Nicholas Westby

You might be able to hide it with some custom CSS that you apply to the back office: https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2015/umbraco-7-back-office-tweaks/

Assuming you are talking about some button in the back office of Umbraco (e.g., in the Umbraco Forms section). If not, add a screenshot and somebody may reply with more ideas.

Mar 19, 2021 @ 00:32
    Damien Holley

So I have verified you cannot hide the button by css as it uses angular to generate.

Likewise you cannot hide the button without modifying the package's angular which will break on every update.

So unless forms allows a configuration change to stop this button from appearing, or can provide a method for overriding the route this button uses it's undoable.

Mar 19, 2021 @ 00:37
    Nicholas Westby

So I have verified you cannot hide the button by css as it uses angular to generate.

What about it being generated by AngularJS prevents you from hiding it with CSS? The fact that it is generated by AngularJS is not itself a reason you would be unable to hide it with CSS, unless there were some other factor at play (e.g., there is no selector your can use to target the element).

AngularJS also has lots of ways of intercepting things, so I wouldn't say you'd necessarily need to modify the core of Umbraco Forms to make adjustments (supposing the CSS route doesn't work and you have to make some sort of adjustment with JavaScript).

Perhaps you can post the DOM structure (right click in Chrome, inspect, right click DOM element in "Elements" tab that opens, click "copy", then click "copy outerHTML"). If you post the DOM structure (including some of the ancestor elements, we might be able to give you some tips about forming some CSS that could work to hide the button.

Mar 19, 2021 @ 00:51
    Damien Holley

Because the other panels and buttons are generated with identical divs and inputs, with no unique ids/classes I can use. (just a basic angularjs loop)

To hide one using css would affect most of the others that still work.

Mar 20, 2021 @ 20:46
    Nicholas Westby

Perhaps we're talking about different things?

Here's the button I think you're talking about (the one on the right that says "Export"):

Export Button

I was able to hide it with CSS:

Hidden Export Button

Here's the CSS in Chrome:

CSS to Hide Export Button

And here's the CSS you can copy/paste:

[ng-controller*="UmbracoForms"] umb-button[label="Export"] {
        display :none;
    }

You can view the DOM elements in the Chrome inspector in case you want to revise this selector in some way.

But again, we might be talking about different things. If you share a screenshot, we can be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Mar 20, 2021 @ 22:47
    Damien Holley

No I need to hide the button that appears after that one.

When you hit export you then get the choice of downloading the form as a csv, then download all attached files.

The second one is what I want to stop, will send image on monday.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft