Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sheridan Burill 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 11, 2021 @ 05:57
    Sheridan Burill

default components for a grid

Hi,

I'm quite new to Umbraco and am having some issues with the grid for document types. I have a doc type with a grid. What I would like to do is add a few components to this grid in the doc type. So when a user creates a new page of this type it is already filled with a few components such as an image and a rich text editor inside the first grid row. But the user then has the option to remove these editors and add others if he/she would need to.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks for trying to help out!

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 11, 2021 @ 21:04
    Marc Goodson

Hi Sheridan

Which version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

Basically in 7.7 and above, a new feature was added called 'Content Templates' and it's not immediately obvious from the name, but these are like customisable blueprint variations for a document type that can be pre-populated with content for starting off with.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Backoffice/Content-Templates/index-v7

They were introduced to tackle the problem you describe, eg you want the flexibility of grid layout, but you also don't want to ask editors to always have to add the same rows in the same order to get started adding content.

regards

marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft