Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 10 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 12, 2021 @ 13:13
    Danny

Load Balancing Setup Issues

We currently have a load-balanced website with its files located on a centralised file share (Azure).

We have added the following to the web.config:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.TempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

Everything seems to work fine, for a while, until it doesn't...

Upon visiting the Examine Management tab, we're presented with an error. Checking the logs and I can see the following:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: _2i.fnm ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '\\xxxxxx\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\_2i.fnm'. File name: '\\xxxxxx\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\_2i.fnm'

The site is then in an unresponsive state and requires a restart, as well as clearing the Temp and Cache files. Although that doesn't always fix the corrupt Examine Index issue we seem to be having.

I've read and read Q&A's on the forums but it's all very confusing, so I was hoping someone would be able to point out our error.

Thanks in advance.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Mar 12, 2021 @ 13:34
    Yakov Lebski

you should define TempEnvDirectoryFactory for scale envriroment

<add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.TempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

• Danny 10 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 15, 2021 @ 12:46
    Danny

Thanks, but we already have that in the web.config (as per my above query).

• Lennard Fonteijn 17 posts 73 karma points MVP 4x
    Feb 03, 2022 @ 21:51
    Lennard Fonteijn

Did you ever figure out what is causing this? I'm seeing similar errors popup in my logging, even though it does not necessarily crash the server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft