Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• strawberrylatte 34 posts 103 karma points
    Mar 18, 2021 @ 05:26
    strawberrylatte

How to permanently delete node

Hello, I deleted a node and made a new node with the same name, but with different doctype and when I published the project, both nodes appeared causing errors to the pages that linked to the new page.

Can someone tell me what I can do? I also wonder what caused the (1), I have already edited the name without it.

enter image description here

Mar 18, 2021 @ 06:34
    strawberrylatte

Anyone?

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 18, 2021 @ 06:51
    Marc Goodson

Hi Strawberrylatte

That's weird!

When you deleted for the first time did you unpublish the content item first?

Essentially when you edit content in Umbraco it updates an underlying Database table, but when you publish it, the details of the content item at the time of publishing are put into a published cache.

So I've seen in the past, if you delete something that is published without unpublishing, sometimes a reference to the old content item can hang around in the cache and cause issues like this.

When you delete something it's not initially completely deleted, alls that happens is it gets moved to the 'Recycle Bin' - and in the database that just mean it's location is changed to have the Recycle Bin (-20) as it's parent.

But really this shouldn't trigger the adding of (1) on the end, which should only happen if there is a content item of the same name in the same location you are creating your new one.

Anyway, I would look for the original content item in the recycle bin, restore it to the content tree, publish it, then unpublish it, then delete it, then delete it from the recycle bin, then in the developer section I would rebuild the two nucache data/memory stores - then rename your new node to remove the (1), and publish...

... I know that sounds a bit like turning it off and on again! but it feels like something got screwed during the deletion process and the above should get you to a clean state.

regards

Marc

Mar 19, 2021 @ 08:19
    strawberrylatte

Unfortunately I have deleted the deleted nodes, what should I do now?

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 14:22
    Marc Goodson

Deleted from the recycle bin?

Then I think you should be ok to rebuild the cache?

enter image description here

and hopefully then things would be back to normal?

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft