Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 66 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 18, 2021 @ 17:47
    Tim

Upgraded to 8.12.1 now get 'Umbraco.Web.Editors.BackOfficeModel' does not contain a definition for 'IconCheckData'

enter image description here How do I get rid of this error?

Happens when I try go to the cms.

I've cleared my app_data and dlls and rebuilt my solution. :(

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 07:03
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Tim,

Try to clear bin folder except the Roslyn Folder and rebuild the project

• Tim 66 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 09:40
    Tim

Hi,

I've tried that but no joy :(

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 09:46
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

How did you perform the upgrade, through visual studio using nuget. Or manually using the downloadable zip file ?

Dave

• FraserConnolly 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 21, 2021 @ 14:18
    FraserConnolly

I'm having the same problem. Though only with one of my two Umbraco sites. I upgraded them using the Nuget Package manager in VS2019 from 8.11 to 8.12.

I too have deleted the Bin, obj, and client Dependency directories but still had the same issue.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2021 @ 14:36
    David Peck

Same here. Are you'll using Unattended Upgrades? I wondered if that was related.

• Oybek Daniyarov 2 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 30, 2021 @ 13:25
    Oybek Daniyarov

I had the same issue here, after upgrading umbraco i can't access admin.

I tried to clear bin folder and client dependency folders no luck

after i followed tips from here fix

download latest Umbraco in a zip format, copy /umbraco folder from the zip and replace it on your project /umbraco directory

go to Config/ClientDependency.config and change clientDependency version

enter image description here

Mar 30, 2021 @ 14:01
    David Peck

We found that deleting everything and restoring from git resolved it. Seems like a file issue rather than a database one.

• Rasmus Söderström 5 posts 75 karma points c-trib
    Apr 01, 2021 @ 09:42
    Rasmus Söderström

I just had this exact issue today. Upgrading from 8.12 > 8.12.2 via nuget in Jetbrains Rider.

Oybek's suggestion solved my issue. Downloading zip and moving the Umbraco-folder into solution got everything up and running.

Looking at the diff comparing the repo post upgrade to after copying the /umbraco-folder from the downloaded zip, I can see there's a lot of changed files. So I'm assuming this has something to do with the upgrade, either malfunctioning in my enviroment or a general issue with the upgrade script.

• Ruder Pratap 10 posts 95 karma points
    Apr 02, 2021 @ 05:11
    Ruder Pratap

Hi

I also got same issue when i upgrade, i downgrade it to 8.12.0 and then upgrade to latest again fixed my problem

Thanks

• Matthew Taylor 11 posts 85 karma points
    Apr 12, 2021 @ 13:39
    Matthew Taylor

Had the same issue going directly to 8.11.2 from 8.10.1. I can confirm that upgrading to 8.12.0, then 8.11.2 afterwards via Nuget fixes this.

Apr 14, 2021 @ 12:20
    Rasmus Söderström

Have you attempted both the Nuget method and downloading the release zip and copying over the folders?

Apr 14, 2021 @ 13:06
    David Peck

You can literally delete the iconHelper code in the Default.cshtml (see path in YSOD) if you want. It's not supposed to be there in 8.12.2

Apr 14, 2021 @ 13:29
    Rasmus Söderström

Isn't the fact that this is erroring out a symptom of not having the correct files? Just removing that one line of code probably removes the error, but what other files are wrong when compared to what they should be?

Apr 14, 2021 @ 15:19
    David Peck

100% - you should restore the entire /umbraco folder ideally. A nuget reinstall or overwrite from the zip is the way to go. But it sounded like you were having difficulties with this.

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Apr 13, 2021 @ 04:37
    Chris Evans

We recently encountered this same error on our local development version after running the upgrade -- our fix was to delete the /umbraco folder entirely, and restore it from nuget.

(in theory you could probably also restore the /umbraco folder from a downloaded zip of the appropriate version of umbraco)

Apr 13, 2021 @ 10:07
    David Peck

If someone encounters this issue again, it would be really cool if you could take a copy of your Umbraco folder before doing as as Chris suggests above. If the issue is resolved then a diff on the folders might identify the cause.

• Lotte Pitcher 49 posts 242 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 13, 2021 @ 14:29
    Lotte Pitcher

I have also just encountered this. Chris' solution (deleting /umbraco and letting nuget restore it when rebuilding in VS) - fixed it.

I had pulled an updated packages.config from someone else doing the upgrade, this is what caused the problem.

As David suggested I took a backup of my /Umbraco folder before I deleted it and yes, I can see a lot of differences, including the code in /umbraco/views/default.cshtml that was causing the error.

So clearly pulling and updating my working version with the updated packages.config isn't enough to get the changes to the umbraco folder replicated. I had to delete the folder and force VS to restore.

Apr 14, 2021 @ 10:10
  • Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 16, 2021 @ 12:59
    Dave Woestenborghs

I wrote a blogpost a issue and some ways to prevent this from happening in the future :

https://dev.to/dawoe/nuget-restore-issues-after-umbraco-upgrade-3n9o

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Dave

Apr 16, 2021 @ 13:27
    David Peck

Great stuff.

<Content Include="umbraco\**\*.*" />

With this line in place a nuget restore will add all missing files to the folder.

Does it overwrite changed files on a restore? If so then that does sound like the way to go.

I had intended to just use git commit messages better. If the commit is prefixed with 'UPGRADE' (or tagged possibly) then a user should reinstall the UmbracoCMS package.

• Guido Adam 21 posts 65 karma points
    May 19, 2021 @ 13:13
    Guido Adam

High five Oybek! Worked and saved a lot of time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft