Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Dahlström 33 posts 146 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 08:08
    Johan Dahlström

Get content by route with multiple domains

I have 2 languages added to my site, Swedish and Danish. I've created a start page as root node for my content and added 2 domains in Cultures and Hostname, /da and /sv.

If I look at the route for the route for the content for the Swedish start page, it says /sv/.

I'm using UmbracoContext.Content.GetByRoute, in order to find the content. I need to pass (preview: false, route: "/", culture: "sv") in order to find it. Why is /sv omitted from the route?

I've also seen examples of the domain root id needing to be a prefix for the route, e.g. 1056/sv/, does that only apply for multiple root nodes?

Thanks in advance :)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2021 @ 21:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Johan

What Umbraco version are you using? Are you using "addTrailingSlash" setting?

Check that you don't have rewrite rules that change URL and custom URL providers.

Thanks,

Alex

• Johan Dahlström 33 posts 146 karma points
    Mar 23, 2021 @ 22:01
    Johan Dahlström

Hi Alex,

I use Umbraco v8.12.1 and I haven't modified umbracoSettings.config, so I don't think addTrailingSlash is enabled?

I do have a custom content finder added first to the content finder chain though, could that affect UmbracoContext.Content.GetByRoute?

My rewrite rules are for UCommerce:

<rewrite>
      <rules>
        <rule name="UcommerceCategoryRewrite">
          <match url="(.*?)/c/(.+/)*(.*)" />
          <action type="Rewrite" url="catalog.aspx?catalog={R:1}&amp;categories={R:2}&amp;category={R:3}" />
        </rule>
        <rule name="UcommerceProductRewrite">
          <match url="(.*?)/p/(.+/)*(.*)" />
          <action type="Rewrite" url="catalog/product.aspx?catalog={R:1}&amp;categories={R:2}&amp;product={R:3}" />
        </rule>
        <rule name="UcommerceVariantRewrite">
          <match url="(.*?)/v/(.+/)*(.*)/(.*)" />
          <action type="Rewrite" url="catalog/product.aspx?catalog={R:1}&amp;categories={R:2}&amp;product={R:3}&amp;variant={R:4}" />
        </rule>
      </rules>
    </rewrite>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft