Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rubenberendsen 13 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 10:47
    rubenberendsen

Update Umbraco 8.9.1 to 8.10.0 (or higher) gives a error after starting the application

Hi,

I have updated Umbraco van 8.9.1 to 8.10.0 (also to 8.12.1). After updating the nuget packages and starting the application i get an error:

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'labelOnTop'.
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
      bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
      bij StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.Shared\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:regel 221
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
      bij NPoco.Database.ExecuteReaderHelper(DbCommand cmd)
      bij NPoco.Database.ExecuteDataReader(DbCommand cmd)
      bij NPoco.Database.<QueryImp>d__164`1.MoveNext()
      bij System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
      bij System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.ContentTypeCommonRepository.MapGroupsAndProperties(IDictionary`2 contentTypes)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.ContentTypeCommonRepository.GetAllTypesInternal()
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.AppCacheExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass0_0`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0()
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.FastDictionaryAppCacheBase.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<GetSafeLazy>b__0()
    --- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---
      bij System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.WebCachingAppCache.GetInternal(String key, Func`1 factory, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.WebCachingAppCache.Get(String key, Func`1 factory, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.DeepCloneAppCache.Get(String key, Func`1 factory, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.ContentTypeCommonRepository.GetAllTypes()
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGetAll(Int32[] ids)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.FullDataSetRepositoryCachePolicy`2.GetAllCached(Func`2 performGetAll)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Cache.FullDataSetRepositoryCachePolicy`2.GetAll(TId[] ids, Func`2 performGetAll)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(String alias)
      bij Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.ContentTypeServiceBase`3.Get(String alias)
      bij Umbraco.App_Start.RegisterCustomRouteComponent.Initialize() in P:\Git\Arco\Umbraco\Arco.Web\App_Start\CustomRouteComposer.cs:regel 34
      bij Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize()
      bij Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)

I see the column 'LabelOnTop' is missing in the table 'cmsPropertyType', can i add this manually?

Has anyone a solution for this?

Best regards, Ruben

• Erik Eelman 79 posts 319 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 11:10
    Erik Eelman

Hi Ruben,

Did you build the project and run the /install wizard after you upgraded the nuget package? Usualy when you update the nuget, build the website and try to visit the backend the install wizard will automatically start.

If the wizard starts, make user your database user has sufficient rights to change the database schema.

Erik

Mar 19, 2021 @ 11:16
    rubenberendsen

Hi Erik,

I have updated all the packages and projects in the solution.

Umbraco throws the error directly after running the application. Before normally umbraco gives the 'update page'

Mar 19, 2021 @ 12:41
    Erik Eelman

Hi Ruben,

Thats strange, perhaps this solution will work for you: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/101716-cant-upgrade-to-v86

Okay i got it to work :)

What i did was upgrade via NuGet which gave me an error, so i went in and copied the Umbraco and Bin folder from the zip release, and replaced everything, and then i deleted my project dll file, and then i could upgrade, after that it was possible to build my project! :)

Mar 22, 2021 @ 07:48
    rubenberendsen

Hi,

I have tried that solution, but it doesn't work.

Is it possible to run the sql script manually? Maybe i will get the right columns in the tables?

Mar 22, 2021 @ 08:49
    rubenberendsen

We use Usync in our projects. I have uninstalled the nuget packages voor Usync.

Then the installer will load correctly!

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 22, 2021 @ 10:23
    Kevin Jump

I've done some tests, I think uSync is a red herring here. 

uSync with ImportAtStartup set, will work between upgrades of Umbraco (including across the 8.9. v8.10  property change boundary). Looking at error in the original post. it actually originates in a custom composer (RegisterCustomRouteComponent in CustomRouteComposer.cs). 

It is likely that this composer does not have runtime restriction on it (e.g it doesn't have [RuntimeLevel(MinLevel = RuntimeLevel.Run)]) which means umbraco will trigger the compose (and the resulting component) when ever it boots up, including during an upgrade.

Without extra attributes you can't guarantee the order the composers are loaded up by Umbraco, my guess is your custom composer was running before some of the core code got to do its migrations. Removing uSync will have removed the uSync composers and this will have altered the order in which all your composers loaded. and then the migrations had a chance to run before your custom code. this gives the appearence it was uSync causing the issue, but i think it merely changed the execution order of existing code and that solved the issue.

I would say you need to add the runtime attribute to your custom code and then this should guard against upgrades causing you issues in the future.

So something like - will ensure it doesn't run during the upgrade.

[RuntimeLevel(MinLevel = RuntimeLevel.Run)]
    public class CustomRouteComposer :  IUserComposer {
       // composer code in here ...
    }

Mar 22, 2021 @ 08:57
    Erik Eelman

Hi Ruben,

Good to read that you found the solution!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft