Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Driscoll 10 posts 81 karma points
    Mar 24, 2021 @ 03:52
    Mike Driscoll

Can I create a Umbraco Forms answer type as Rich Text?

I would like to give my users the ability to submit form answers with rich-text formatting. Can I just modify FieldType.Textfield.cshtml and make it render a rich text editor?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2021 @ 07:36
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mike,

There are some documentation on how to extend Umbraco forms with custom field types : https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Fieldtype

On the frontend you could solve this by using TinyMce or another richt text editor javascript plugin ?

But I wonder what the use case is for having a form with a rich text field on it.

Dave

Mar 31, 2021 @ 13:59
    Mike Driscoll

Thanks, I will check out the link you supplied. Our site has a member section where users post job opportunities. They would like to format the job descriptions with bold/underline etc. Nothing fancy.

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    Jun 20, 2022 @ 11:06
    Karen Worth

I have a similar request: Rich Text Editor to be available to form users so they can post answers in richtext format.

So far I've only created a custom richtext editor for the PV in forms, so any advice would be very welcome.

I've only just started researching this but am currently completely fogged as to how I would get a richtext editor to render on the frontend form itself.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Mar 31, 2021 @ 14:28
    Amir Khan

Also this if you just want to install a package and be done: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-forms-rich-text/

Mar 31, 2021 @ 17:24
    Mike Driscoll

I looked at that package, and that seems to only allow for rich text within a form (to display) - it doesn't create an answer type as rich text.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft