Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 26, 2021 @ 09:43
    Anthony

Preview mode issues - Google Chrome (Umbraco 7.6.11)

Hi all,

New to the forum, so please go easy on me.

My role is a Product Owner and I have recently taken on product ownership of our CMS platform which is of course Umbraco!

We are recently having issues with Preview mode in Google Chrome were the page continuously loads but no content renders. The issue is somewhat intermittent and we don't tend to have issues in IE 11 (obviously reticent to suggest this as a solution to the business due to the aged nature of the browser).

We are on Umbraco 7.6.11 and we host the servers in our own data centre. This issue is hampering us in our UAT environment. It is causing issues as the business are unable to preview their content before we courier the changes across to live.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Anthony

• Lindow 154 posts 1301 karma points
    Mar 26, 2021 @ 09:56
    Lindow

Heya Anthony.

The CMS version you're on is quite old and there have been many great improvement changes and fixes.

If you check - https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/compare?from=7.6.11&to=7.15.7 - you'll notice that over 900 issues and bugs have been fixed.

17 of them mention preview and that's the first place I recommend that you check :)

Furthermore, here's our Umbraco CMS tracker - https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues - and here you should filter by closed issues.

It would be a great idea to pass this info over to your devs to check out :)

I hope it helps!

Best, Darek

• Anthony 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 02, 2021 @ 19:09
    Anthony

Hi Darek,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, we are on a pretty old version....

Is courier supported on all 7.x versions? Are there any particular watch points when upgrading? I'm really keen to upgrade but we have 18 separate websites spanning a large part of the globe so conscious of any impacts when upgrading to later versions.

Many thanks Anthony

• Lindow 154 posts 1301 karma points
    Apr 02, 2021 @ 19:27
    Lindow

Yes, Courier works with all v7 versions.

The things that you should watch out for are the breaking changes mentioned in the version compare link I've sent you in my last message.

It's a good idea to go through them prior to upgrading :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft