Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis 75 posts 397 karma points MVP
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 08:59
    Dennis

Directory not found exceptions with uSync exporter and publisher

Hello,

I've installed the uSync complete edition with a trial license. As a first attempt, I created a sync pack from all the media files on one server and attempted to import the sync pack on the other server. The import fails however and I see in the logs that uSync throws a DirectoryNotFoundException like this:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException:
    at uSync.Expansions.Core.Services.SyncPackService.ReportChanges (uSync.Expansions.Core, Version=8.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    at uSync.Exporter.Services.SyncExporterService.Report (uSync.Exporter, Version=8.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    at uSync.Exporter.Controllers.uSyncNuExporterApiController.ProcessExporterSteps (uSync.Exporter, Version=8.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

With following message:

Cannot find folder [Path to my website]\App_Data\TEMP\uSync\exports\828f8ede-b7af-4aff-8f47-8805bc814c00

I can't seem to find any information online about this issue, therefore my question here.

Could anyone tell me what might cause this and how I could solve it? I've installed uSync.Complete version 8.9.3

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 09:12
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

can you confirm that the site you are importing into is not load balanced in any way ? (azure scale out) -

We had a call with someone last week, and after a while we worked out the cannot find folder error was because the site was load balanced, and swapping between servers during requests (so the folder was missing on one of them). For the next version i think we can put a warning in for this, but at the moment its worth checking.

Kevin

Apr 09, 2021 @ 11:24
    Dennis

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the quick response. The site is hosted on a windows server in IIS, behind a proxy that does SSL offloading. It's a single instance, so no load balancing.

Could it perhaps be related to permissions? On the source server we've struggled with permissions somewhat, but I haven't experienced permission issues on the target server so far.

Dennis

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 11:49
    Kevin Jump

Maybe :( -

but i would expect the attempt to create the directory to throw something if it was permissions (but i will go check that - because you never know!)

In order to function uSync will need read/write access to the APP_Data/Temp/uSync folder (it will create the uSync folder if it can)

90% of the time this lives in the website - but if you are using something like LocalTempStorage setting in the web.config it can be in a temp folder somewhere else.

in general (and again really dependent on config), the network service account will be the account things are running on under the server.

Apr 13, 2021 @ 09:26
    Dennis

I can confirm that the APP_Data/Temp/uSync folder exists, so the application is able to create it. I also verified my web.config and I don't have a value in my appSettings for Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage, so it should use the default setting. I can see that the directory "exports" is created, but this directory appears to be empty. I've watched the directory while uploading a sync pack and I don't see any folders being created there.

I'm not sure how the accounts work on our environment, will have to figure that out, but from what I heard, we have a dedicated user for each application and that's the user account that everything in the application runs on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft