Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee Bainbrigge 4 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 13, 2021 @ 11:22
    Lee Bainbrigge

SEO Dynamic title using articleTags

Hi I am new to Umbraco, However I have an existing site I am trying to improve for SEO.

The dynamic article pages have been setup where dynamic articleTags pages use the same page title so aren't listed by the search engines.

I am trying to reference the articleTags and populate the title, therefore create unique titles for each dynamic page created where:

https://domainname.com/article?tag=test1

Would produce:

In my main template I have the following but I must be missing something as it doesn't output the articleTags used in the page.

@if (Model.HasValue("articleTags"))
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @(Model.Value<string>("articleTags"))</title>
    }
    else if (Model.HasProperty("metaTitle") && Model.HasValue("metaTitle"))
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @(Model.Value<string>("metaTitle"))</title>
    }
    else
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @(home.Value<string>("defaultMetaTitle"))</title>
    }

Help Appreciated. Regards Lee

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Apr 13, 2021 @ 22:46
    Brendan Rice

Hi Lee,

according to the docs the tags can be referened like this:

@if(Model.GetProperty("articleTags") !=null){
        <ul>
            @foreach(var tag in Model.GetProperty("articleTags").Value<IEnumerable<string>>()){
                <li>@tag</li>
            }
        </ul>
    }

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/Tags/

• Lee Bainbrigge 4 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 14, 2021 @ 08:46
    Lee Bainbrigge

Thanks Brendan, Yes got there in the end also here's the code snippet that works for my title, but absolutely not !=null was key in the if statement:

@if (articleTag != null)
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @articleTag</title>

}
    else if (Model.HasProperty("metaTitle") && Model.HasValue("metaTitle"))
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @(Model.Value<string>("metaTitle"))</title>
    }
    else
    {
        <title>@home.Sitename | @Model.Name  | @(home.Value<string>("defaultMetaTitle"))</title>
    }

Thanks for your support, regards Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft