Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LewisParkinson 9 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 14, 2021 @ 09:33
    LewisParkinson

Page content not updating after publish, cache clear and even app pool restart.

Description:

I have fields within the Homepage that sets links within the footer of the site. I then populate the footer links by using a cached version of the homepage (and cache the object if it's the first time loading the page). Once the homepage has been saved, and published, I clear all cache related to the homepage.

Issue:

The issue only occurs for the footer links and caching works perfectly fine across the site.

I update a footer link field within the homepage, which then clears the relevant cache, but the footer link content I just updated still displays the old content. I can see that I has cleared the cache object as it goes to create a new cached object when the page is reloaded. I have restarted the app pool and start displays the old content. I have tried the following to get round the issue but the content is still not updated:

• Setting up the homepages cached object within the HomeController and then using this object to get the footer links.
    • Set the cached object around the footer object instead of the homepage and clearing this object when the homepage is published
    • Remove caching from the homepage altogether.

The only thing that seems to work is rebuilding the project and redeploying the dll's every time an update to the footer as been made. But, this isn't ideal.

Has anyone noticed the same issue and found a way around it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft