Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harikrishna Parmar 43 posts 262 karma points c-trib
    Apr 17, 2021 @ 16:44
    Harikrishna Parmar

When I deploy changes on server, every time showing installation process. is there something configuration to avoid this?

I just installed Umbraco 8.12.2. set up a project and deployed on a staging server. I set up everything.

• updated and create new pages, and deployed on staging,
    • after deployment is done, tried to open Umbraco, it shows me the installation window as we go through the installation process.
    • when I check DB after the complete the same process, I can find double Umbraco tables.
    • when I restore DB, it's working fine, but again when I deploy changes, it shows the same window.

Anyone help me to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance, HK

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Apr 18, 2021 @ 07:41
    Peter Cort Larsen

Are you absolute certain thar your connection string is pointing to the correct database?

Apr 18, 2021 @ 11:44
    Harikrishna Parmar

yes. it creates all database table in same database.

See these images. enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

It creates duplicate tables.

• Andy Boot 30 posts 150 karma points
    Apr 22, 2021 @ 09:04
    Andy Boot

Shot in the dark here, but after your upgrade did your "Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus" appSetting contain the Umbraco version number or was it blank? This typically causes the installation window to show.

Apr 22, 2021 @ 16:28
    Harikrishna Parmar

Yes, the version is up to date. in local works, fine but the same on the server won't work.

I think it is dbowner issue. this DB user is not DB owner so might be it restore all tables again.

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 22, 2021 @ 18:42
    Huw Reddick

Yes it looks like a dB owner issue as it appears to have created another set of tables using the username as the schema

• shekhar sharma 22 posts 110 karma points
    Jun 06, 2021 @ 02:44
    shekhar sharma

Hi HariKrishna,

after deployment is done, tried to open Umbraco, it shows me the installation window as we go through the installation process. when I restore DB, it's working fine, but again when I deploy changes, it shows the same window.

Cause of Above two points, means your local or Staging Umbraco Database base having different versions of Umbarco DB.

Thanks, Shekhar

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 07, 2021 @ 09:36
    Huw Reddick

This is not necessarily the reason at all, it is more likely the SQL user is not set as the dB owner which is why it creates a new set of tables with a different schema name. Th remot dB user needs to be assigned the dnowner mapping.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft